Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Opto 22 I/O Gear

Opto 22 I/O Gear 16 years 2 months ago #120

• easypea
Hello All. I've just found Proview and I was wondering if anyone had built Proview with an Opto 22 driver. Opto 22 Drivers for Linux are available so it shouldn't be that big of a deal to do it if no one has done it before. If so, can you point me to where information is located about using your own I/O drivers and how they are installed?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Opto 22 I/O Gear 16 years 2 months ago #121

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hello !

Noone has so far used the Opto 22 I/O with Proview (at my knowledge). If you want to implement a new I/O-system with Proview using the Linux Driver then please read the \"Guide to I/O-systems\" which explains all about how the Proview I/O works and how you implement your own I/O-system.

However, as I understand it, it is possible to talk Modbus/TCP with the Opto22 I/O (using some middle hardware called a brain ??). Support for Modbus/TCP will be existing in Proview within a month or so. This is maybe the easiest way to connect remote I/O to a Proview system without any special hardware.

/Robert

Re:Opto 22 I/O Gear 16 years 2 months ago #122

• easypea
Robert:
Thank you for the quick reply. You are exactly correct that you can use Modbus/TCP with some of the Opto 22 hardware. This works specifically with the E1 and E2 brain boards and the SNAP modules. However, :ohmy: I'm using the older hardware - what's called the B1 and B2 brain boards - they're very cheap now ! So I will review the documents you've identified and if I'm able to make them work I'll contribute that back to the project. If I have trouble I can always wait for the revision and switch to the slightly newer hardware.

Regards,

James

Re:Opto 22 I/O Gear 16 years 2 months ago #124

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
OK, give it a try. It's very welcome if you succeed. Working with the Proview source tree can be a litle bit tricky in the beginning. Please don't hesitate to come back with any type of question.

Good luck !

/Robert
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.500 seconds