Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problem with I/Os card Valleman k8055

Problem with I/Os card Valleman k8055 13 years 4 months ago #1247

• pavkata
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,

I tried to configure card Valleman k8055 on Ubuntu 10.10, but without any result. I red the I/Os manual, permied read and write access to the device and made a test plc program with one Di object and one Do object. The libusb-1.0 is instaled. When i start the runtime the Log Message for plc is \"Failed to inititalize io, %NONAME-W-NOMSG, Message number 00000000\". What is the meaning of this messige? Would you explained me how to creat the link file?

Thank you in advance :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problem with I/Os card Valleman k8055 13 years 4 months ago #1248

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 499
Hello Pavkata,

You get this error message if the plc executable is not linked with the libusb-1.0, i.e. if you haven't created an .opf file where libusb-1.0 is included.

The .opt file you create on $pwrp_exe and it should be named plc_'nodename'_'busnumber'.opt, e.g. plc_mynode_0999.opt and the content should be

[code:1]$pwr_obj/rt_io_user.o -lpwr_rt -lusb1.0 -lpwr_usbio_dummy -lpwr_pnak_dummy[/code:1]

I have noticed that Guide to I/O systems is not updated and pwr_pnak_dummy is missing there.

/Claes

Re:Problem with I/Os card Valleman k8055 13 years 4 months ago #1249

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Hi Pavkata,

I have a Velleman K8055 kit as well.
I am working in a technical school and one of \"my students\" is going to assemble it probably tomorrow. It's part of a task/project I am trying to start up.
Of course am I interested in your results. If you get it working and where you want to use it for. Not so many people on this forum give examples or feedback around a succeeded project back. And I (and I think the developers of Proview as well) are curious about successful \"real life\" examples.

Regards,

/Marc
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.

Re:Problem with I/Os card Valleman k8055 13 years 4 months ago #1250

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Claes,

By the way, conventional as I am, I still run v4.7 is it enough to copy the otherio.dbs from v4.8 into v4.7 and update the classes? Or is it necessary as well to update a lib from hw_x86/exp/lib if I want to use the K8055 in v4.7?

/Marc
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.

Re:Problem with I/Os card Valleman k8055 13 years 4 months ago #1251

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 499
Hi Marc,

Copying loadfiles and archives between different Proview versions mignt be possible between some versions, but not between V4.7 and V4.8 because the alignment of object bodies are changed. If you absolutley don't want to install Ubuntu 10.10 the oprion you have is to download the V4.8.0 tarball and build from soruces.

/Claes

Re:Problem with I/Os card Valleman k8055 13 years 4 months ago #1252

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok....., Ok....., you have me on my knees......, again......
As a Hollander in Danmark I have more and more respect for you guys in Sweden.....

/Marc
Time to create page: 7.833 seconds