Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problem with I/Os card Valleman k8055

Re:Problem with I/Os card Valleman k8055 12 years 10 months ago #2204

• jds
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,
here a new user with also problems with this card.
The goal is to build up a system step by step, so I started with the \"getting started\", until the everything ok.

But now, first time with a piece of hardware involved, everything gets crunked.

What's the problem and wich are the steps I already did:
I'm using the version 4.8.1 on an ubuntu 10.10 system with at this time a K8055 plugged in.
When follwing the video of marc (for wich I'm very thankfull for) I came to the point of building it.

As Marc discribed, I had the same problem with linking. I think I solved that one because the console now gives me no errors anymore (hte problem was solved renaming the opt file with the host name in uppercase while in fact my hostname exists of all lowercase chars).

Following step: running the plc (for the record, the patch as dicribed not installed). At first sight everything looks again fine (green running label) but neverless nothing happens. What I do get is 3 error messages in the \"system messages\" log:
1. failed to set priority. plc thread 100 ms, prio 22
2. init of USB agent failed 'VolK8055test:Nodes-K8055test-usb', error status -9999
3. failed to initialize io, %IO-E-DUMMYBUILD, Archive for I/O system is not linked with this executable

Next step I did was apply the patch, rebuild everything and rerun, buth than the \"runtime monitor\" complains (red run label), it runs for a few seconds and stops at IO stalled, cyclesup delay detected.
At the system messages log I get than the errors:
1. failed to set priority (same as above)
2. Failed to initialize io, %IO-E-TIMEINVALID, invalid scantime

As u can see, I don't really know wich direction to go for now ...

ps: another error I receive when opening the volume: Wbl error: Time syntax .... (20 times in file line xx). Got something to do with the above problem??
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problem with I/Os card Valleman k8055 12 years 10 months ago #2205

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Hi jds,

The 'failed to set priority error' is nothing to worry about. It's because you run on your development station and don't have permissions to change prioriry.

IO-E-TIMEINVALID is an invalid scantime for the plc thread. Check the scantime attribute in the PlcThread object in the node hierarchy (you'll find it under the PlcProcess object).

The Wbl error: Time syntax have to do with the locale and the format of time strings. Normally only English is supported in V4.8.1 but if you add these lines in $pwr_exe/wb_start.sh and $pwr_exe/wb_open_db.sh I think it will work

[code:1]export LC_TIME=\"en_US.UTF-8\"
export LC_NUMERIC=\"POSIX\"[/code:1]

/Claes

Re:Problem with I/Os card Valleman k8055 12 years 10 months ago #2210

• jds
  • Expert Boarder
claes wrote:

IO-E-TIMEINVALID is an invalid scantime for the plc thread. Check the scantime attribute in the PlcThread object in the node hierarchy (you'll find it under the PlcProcess object).

/Claes

ok, now I think there's a problem. In my plc node there are not that much items.
The ownly items I see in the hierarchy are:
PLC plcprocess
100 ms plcthread
Alarm cyclesup
Halt cyclesup

maybe I'd better install a fresh ubuntu (english) install and try again, or are is there's something I'm missing here?

thanks

Re:Problem with I/Os card Valleman k8055 12 years 10 months ago #2211

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
The items you have listed are objects. You have to open the PlcThread object and look at the content, and there you'll find the ScanTime attribute.

/Claes

Re:Problem with I/Os card Valleman k8055 12 years 10 months ago #2212

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree, it could have to do with the locale, but before you start to reinstall, test to insert the export statements I mentioned below, and then make a compiete rebuild of the project, ie set Build Force in Options/Setting in the configurator and build the node.

/Claes

Re:Problem with I/Os card Valleman k8055 12 years 10 months ago #2213

• jds
  • Expert Boarder
ok,
sorry didn't read your last posts but in the mean time I did a new install (left also the dutch version exist). Did exactly the same as I did before, and .. everything is working from the first start!!
I think the problem is somewhere between the language translation (UTF ...) and reading the files right.
But hey now I know and I can move to my next (first) steps.

thanks already!
Time to create page: 8.080 seconds