Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Setting up Profibus communication

Setting up Profibus communication 16 years 2 months ago #136

• Ohl
  • Expert Boarder
Hello!

I´m trying to figure out how to setup Profibus communication from Proview to a Danfoss (FC 302) frequency converter.
This far I have setup the project in \"Project List\" (pwra), \"Navigator Directory\" (pwrs) and started in \"Navigator Volyme\", with guidance from the Getting Started Guide. I have also registered the volume in \"Global Volume List\".

In the \"Navigator Volume\" I have set up two nodes; one production PC and one simulation PC.

In the object hierachy of the production PC I have placed one Pb_Profiboard named P1.
The first child of P1 is a Pb_DP_Slave object named S1. This is intended to become the first converter of 10 in the Profibus network, and this is also where I got lost in the manuals...
I have placed the GSD-file in the $pwr_exe folder and also inserted the file name in the \"GSDfile\" setting for the S1 object.
GSD-file available at: drives.danfoss.com/drs/repfiche.asp?repi...-851C-B68A4273D208}#

As far as I understand I will have to setup one (or several?) Pb_Module objects under the Pb_DP_Slave object and somehow configure channels in this/these to communicate with the converters.

How do I continue from here?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Setting up Profibus communication 16 years 2 months ago #137

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi,

The next step is to enter the configurator in edit mode, select the slave object (S1) and activate ConfigureSlave from the popupmenu. This will open the profibus configurator for the slave. Here you set the address, and some configuration data under the map UserPrmData. You also configure the modules, which in your case is just one module. Open the Module map, set the name to for example M1, select a Type. When the type is selected, UserPrmData for this type is found under the UserPrmData map. Select a class for the module, as there is no specific class for Danfoss, you choose Pb_Module. Press Ok and close the profibus configurator. Now a Pb_Module object M1 is created below S1, and below this you create channel objects that match the send and receive areas for the module.

/Claes

Re:Setting up Profibus communication 16 years 2 months ago #138

• Ohl
  • Expert Boarder
Hi and thanks for the quick answer!

I´m shure I didn´t understand all of the settings in the Danfoss manual but I have configured one \"Module\" object anyway using Type = Profidrive standard telegram 1. No other settings exept for Adress changed (yet).

The only channel objects I can find are located under Node->IO_SSAB->Channels.
Are these the one to use?

Regards
/Ohl

Re:Setting up Profibus communication 16 years 2 months ago #139

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes, there are only one type of channel objects that works for all types of I/O. We should rearrange the maps for I/O objects to the next release to make this more obviuos.

/Claes

Re:Setting up Profibus communication 16 years 2 months ago #140

• Ohl
  • Expert Boarder
Ok, I´ve tried that but I can´t figure out how to connect for example a ChanAi object to the MAV (Main Actual Value) word in the converter data.

Also, is it preferable to use a number of ChanDi/Do instead of ChanAi/Ao to read/write bit-structured data? Perhaps PLC-programming later on will become easier or more difficult depending on this choice?

/Ohl

Re:Setting up Profibus communication 16 years 2 months ago #141

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
You have to figure out from the Danfoss manual exacly how the input and output area looks. Then you describe the areas, first the input area with ChanAi, ChanIi and ChanDi objects, and then the output area with ChanAo, ChanIo and ChanDo objects. The position and the Representaition attribute of the channel defines the offset and size in the area. Lets say that the first item in the input area is a 16 bit word that you want to convert to a float. Then you place as first child to the module object, an ChanAi object and set Representation to Int16. If the next element is a 16 bit status word you choose a ChanIi with representation UInt16 etc.

If you have a bitmask in the area, you can choose to convert it with ChanDi/Do or ChanIi/Io. If you use ChanDi/Do you use the Bit representation, and you also has to set the bit number for each channel in the Number attribute. You only need to configure the bits you intend to use. If you use ChanIi/Io the mask will be converted to/from a Ii/Io signal which is an Int32. This can be converted to/from digital values with DtoMask and MaskToD.

Note also that you have to set ByteOrdering to big or little endian in the slave object, and float representation of there are any floats in the areas.

/Claes
Time to create page: 8.034 seconds