Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Recipes?

Recipes? 16 years 1 month ago #169

• Ohl
  • Expert Boarder
Hi!

Are there any built in support for saving and retrieving user entered parameters to/from the PCs hard drive in Proview?

/Ohl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Recipes? 16 years 1 month ago #170

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hello !

You can back up all type of information from the runtime-system. To backup Iv, Av, and Dv-signals simply just place a backup-object as a child to the signal. You can also backup whole objects, such as a userclass-instance.

The backup_config object on the node-side specifies the file-name (typically $pwrp_load/pwr_backup.bck) and some cycle-times on the backup (there are two cycles one slow and one fast).

Check more in the documentation.

/Robert

Re:Recipes? 16 years 3 weeks ago #171

• Ohl
  • Expert Boarder
Hi!

Is this really what I am looking for? If I get it right, one can use backup-objects to store signal values cyclically during production, I guess to be automatically restored after a power faliure or similar?

In my case I would like to store production settings, like temperatures, drive speeds etc, preferably in a database or otherwise in plain text-files. This will then be used to easily retrieve the tuned machine setup from a previous run of the actual product.

My idea is to give the user two buttons, \"Save Recipe\" and \"Load Recipe\".
Pressing the first one shows a dialog asking for product name and so on.
To make selection of a recipe to load easy it would of course be nice to be able to display stored recipes in a list.

Is there a way for doing this or something similar in Proview?

Regards
/Ohl

Re:Recipes? 16 years 3 weeks ago #172

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hello Ohl !

There is yet no function like this in Proview (it is planned although). In the meantime you have to make some coding to achive this functionality. For example you could make a userclass \"MyRecipe\" which is built up of all the parameters you want to save. Make several instances of this class and build a user-interface (with Ge) where the operator can save and retreive recipies (by using the instances of the class). Backup every instance with a backup-object.

Sometimes we build up models for machine-control in a similar way (wher som input parameters chose which instance tro use).

Regards

/Robert

Re:Recipes? 15 years 10 months ago #226

• Ohl
  • Expert Boarder
Note:

In the latest release (4.5.0-5) the Proview team has implemented some new functionality for these matters. See Xtt FileView and DataFRead/Write in the Release notes.

This is exactly what I was asking for in this topic!

Thanks!!!

/Ohl
  • Page:
Time to create page: 9.004 seconds