Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Runtime

Re:Runtime 15 years 11 months ago #193

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Val,

I forgot about the OPC-server. the documentation is poor, but to configure the server is really easy. There is something written about it in release-notes for 4.4.4 and also if you check the Object Reference Manual for the class Opc_ServerConfig. The client-documentation is very poor.

/Robert
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Runtime 15 years 11 months ago #198

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Val !

There seems to be a missing default value on the Process-attribute for the Modbus_TCP_Slave and the Modbus_Module. The Process-attribute should be set to 1 if you want to run it from the plc-thread.

/Robert

Re:Runtime 15 years 11 months ago #199

• Valdemar
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Robert,

The Modbus Tcp communication is working now.

The simulator that i was using required the \"unit Id\" in the query. I used another sim. with option to disable the \"unit id\".

The messsage in the rt_io is still showing the \"I/O no read or write actions for this process\" message, but the communication is running well.

Some doubts, if the communication is broken between the master and slave (for ex. the network cable is diconnected),
Why did not appear the message in the event list?.
How can the communication be reconnected automatically? or is it needed a soft re-start in the run time when the slave is disconnected?.

Val

Re:Runtime 15 years 11 months ago #200

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Val,

At the moment there is no automatic event generated when the link is down, you have to monitor it yourself. Check the status in the Modbus_slave. ODD means everything OK, EVEN not OK.

The master will try to connect to the slave the number of times set in th ReconnectLimit-attribute (I think default is 5). Set this value to a very large value.

Both of these things is something I will think about. Maybe I just skip the ReconnectLimit and retry forever (you will see in the next version).

/Robert

Re:Runtime 15 years 11 months ago #213

• Valdemar
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Robert,

I have been trying to supervise (HH, H, LL, L) of some signals using Modbus TCP without success.
The signals are configured as ChanIi (Int16) in the Modbus module.
How can I link the ChanIi inputs to BaseLevelSensor component?.
The BaseLevelSensor -Value-SigChanCon is expecting an analogue input.
I tried to convert the integer to analogue value using ItoA in the Plcpgm, but it did not work.

Val

Re:Runtime 15 years 11 months ago #214

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Val,

You should configure the channel with a ChanAi and set the representation to Int16. On the ChanAi you can then scale the input to reflect the engineering value by setting RawValRange, SigValRange and ActValRange.

For example if you have a RawValRange of +/- 32768 from a sensor delivering +/- 10 V (SensorSigValRange) where +/- 10 V means +/- 100 degrees C (ActValRange). If you want no scaling you set the ranges all to the same (RawValRange) or you set the SensorPolyType to 0 (meaning no conversion, opposite to 1 if you want linear conversion).

Connect the Channel to Value-attribute of the BaseLevelSensor.

Good luck !

/Robert
Time to create page: 7.899 seconds