Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Modbus TCP problems [solved]

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 1 month ago #653

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello,

I am now running my project that connects to 2 modbus devices on 2 plcthreats per devices; i am getting an aleaotry problem, sometimes when i start the runtime for the project, i get an io stalled message on the status; first i thought it was because i was running my project on a virtual machine, but afterwards, i migrated the project to another computer, but sitll with the same error; could you please explain what does it mean and what the causes could be?.

Thanks in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 1 month ago #654

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
canelon wrote:
Hello,

I am now running my project that connects to 2 modbus devices on 2 plcthreats per devices; i am getting an aleaotry problem, sometimes when i start the runtime for the project, i get an io stalled message on the status; first i thought it was because i was running my project on a virtual machine, but afterwards, i migrated the project to another computer, but sitll with the same error; could you please explain what does it mean and what the causes could be?.

Thanks in advance

Also, i know my devices are working properly, because i am able to connect to them using another application after i see the io stalled message on the runtime

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 1 month ago #655

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hi,

I'm not sure what your problem is. I have made some fixes to the Modbus-TCP i/o. I'm almost sure they will fix your problem. This is though not in the downloadable packages. There is though a patch which I could send you. Then I need to know what version and which distribution you run.

/Robert

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 1 month ago #656

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello Robert,

Well, let me tell you a little more about my problem, my project connects to 2 modbus devices, there are 2 plcthreats for each device, one running at every second and the other one running every 5 minutes; my problem comes after the communication has been established; at first i can see the data comming from the devices; but after a few minutes (form 1 to 3) it gives me the IO stalled message, i know the devices are working fine because i can connect to them through another program

I am running pwr46; V 4.6.1-1; on an ubuntu 9.04 computer; i would really appreciate if we could solve this issue

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 1 month ago #657

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Canelon,

Here is the patch

[url]files/tmp/pwrrt_4.6.1_patch01_ubuntu.tar.gz[/url]

Copy the archive libpw_rt.a to $pwr_lib and rebuild plc-program of your node.

/Claes

Post edited by: claes, at: 2010/03/05 13:49

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 1 month ago #658

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks a lot; i will check it out and i'll let you know how it goes
Time to create page: 8.216 seconds