Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Modbus TCP problems [solved]

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 weeks ago #659

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello claes;

I tried your solution but still not working; i copied the libpw_rt.a to $pwr_lib and rebuilt all of my plc programs but still not working.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 2 weeks ago #660

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello,

I used you patch, but still not working; when i try to start my project, after a few seconds i get the status IO stalled, cyclesup delay detected; help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 2 weeks ago #661

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello,

I used you patch, but still not working; when i try to start my project, after a few seconds i get the status IO stalled, cyclesup delay detected; help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 2 weeks ago #665

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Canelon,

Sorry for my late answer. My rss-feeds is not working atm so I didn't see your message.

Your problem seems to be an other one than the patch fixes. Check you settings for the ResponseTime in the Modubs_TCP_Slave-object and what times you have set for the Halt-Cyclesup below the plcthread-object. The time for the cyclesup need to be at least number of slaves times the ResponseTime.

On possibility is the run the Modbus-io not from the plcthread but from the rt_io_comm-application. You do this by setting the Process-attribute of all the io-objects to 2 instead of 1. This means the rt_io_comm will handle the io and the stall-time of the CycleSup won't bother you.

/Robert

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 2 weeks ago #667

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello robert and thanks for your reply.

I have a question regarding your suggestion; when you say that i should increase the ciclesup time of my plcthreats, you mean the maxdelay time, Timertime, TimerAcc, timermin or timermax?. also what response time would you recommend for a modbus-tcp-slave object that holds 4 modbus-modules that read data every second?

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 2 weeks ago #668

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
robert wrote:
Hi Canelon,

On possibility is the run the Modbus-io not from the plcthread but from the rt_io_comm-application. You do this by setting the Process-attribute of all the io-objects to 2 instead of 1. This means the rt_io_comm will handle the io and the stall-time of the CycleSup won't bother you.

/Robert

hello,
Now i am controlling my modbus_io connections from rt_io_com and my plc programs from different plcthreats that are executed every certain periods of time. I have a question, now that all my connections are being handled by rt_io_com, could this represent an excessive load for my devices (i used to control the connections with different plthreats at different time periods in order to avoid this)?. Is rt_io_com a more efficient way to control io connections?
Time to create page: 7.642 seconds