Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help to use Mysql

Re:Help to use Mysql 13 years 11 months ago #732

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello claes and thanls for your quick answer, i checked the write access for the $pwrp_db directory, and the user pwrp has full read write access to it. i am using debian lenny 05.03 with mysql-server 5.0.51a-24+lenny3, as i wrote in previous post, pwrp user has full access to the database which is running on the same host. attached to the post i send you my directory.wb_load file. Thanks in advance

Attachment directory.txt not found

Post edited by: canelon, at: 2010/05/06 17:34
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Help to use Mysql 13 years 11 months ago #733

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hello Canelon,

I see that you volume name is actually VolDb and the database-file is then $pwrp_db/voldb.dbms. Could you please check if this file exist.

If it exist, remove it, enter the directory volume and save and try to create the database again and look for any error messages in the termina window.

/Claes

Re:Help to use Mysql 13 years 11 months ago #734

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello claes,

The reason why you see a different project name to the one i started the post with is because i created another project to see if my mistake was in its creation. I am going to explain to you how i create my projects so that maybe we can get to the root of my problem. First i create my project on the project list, then i open the project and with the help of the wizard, i configure the volume leaving pretty much everything by default, after the volume has been created i edit the volume and change the database from berkeley to mysql, change the server attribute and put pwrp@localhost, then i save it and i get a message that says \"Volume not yet created, do you wish to create it\", then i press ok, and i can see in the development console a message that says that the directory.wb_load has been created. then i save and try to open the volume but then the workbench opens up saying that the database can't be found. Am i doing something wrong. Thanks in advance

Re:Help to use Mysql 13 years 11 months ago #736

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Canelon,

It turrns out the debian release on sourceforge is built without mysql support. I'll put together a new release next week.

/Claes

Re:Help to use Mysql 13 years 11 months ago #737

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello claes,

Thanks for your quick response, i'll be looking forward for the new release

Re:Help to use Mysql 13 years 11 months ago #738

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello claes.

I just started a project on an ubuntu server using mysql as database server, and it is now working fine, although i am still having problems building my project. After i have made my configuration when i try to build it, i get an the error \"%GSX-F-NOOPSYS, unknown operating system i volume object\". what does it mean, where do i configure the operating system for my node?. Thanks in advance
Time to create page: 7.999 seconds