Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: EGD ethernet global data info

EGD ethernet global data info 15 years 9 months ago #285

• gallim
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,
often working with GE equipment using data interchange as 'Ethernet Gloabal Data (EGD). The system uses IP / UDP and packet data into groups \"exchange\" produced and consumed.

I think that in Proview is to be developed, perhaps using remote communication UDP.
Whats do you thinks?

Maurizio
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:EGD ethernet global data info 15 years 9 months ago #286

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 501
Hi,

I think it's a great idea. Proview really needs to be able to communicate with other systems and busses and this is one of the areas where think that other can contribute to Proview.

As we don't use GE compontets ourselves, we don't have any plans to implement a communication via EGD, but if you want to do this we will give you the support you need to get it working.

I don't know so much about EGD but I believe the best way to it is to implement it as an I/O system, similar to what we have recently done with Modbus/TCP. It's not so hard to do this, you need to do some c-programming and build some Proview classes. You don't even have do download the Proview source code, you can create the classes, compile and link c-code with the plcprogram, within a project, and when everything works we can add it to the Proview base system. In Guide to I/O System there a desciption of how to do this.

If you thik this to much work it is possible that you kan use the RemoteUDP as it is today, with the DisableHeader set. Then the remote header is not present in the message, and you can send or receive a message as an EGD message. If you have several component though, this is a very inefficient way to do it, as every component requires one
RemoteUPD object and every RemoteUDP object creates its own process.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 9.151 seconds