Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Alarm List not showing all alarms

Alarm List not showing all alarms 6 years 8 months ago #9123

• paul.ochon
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all, Hi Claes,

I'm using proview v5.2 with all patches.

I've created a class "FltTable" to gather into it, all my system faults.
In this "FltTable" there is an attribute "Display" which is an array of 256 Dsup, also there is an attribute "FltNb" which count how many Dsup are actived.
I'm using "FltTable" object in a program running @20ms or @50ms.

Problem #1
:
sometimes the alarm list doesn't refresh well and there is a discrepancy between alarm list number (seen in rt_xtt top banner) and my "FltNb".

Problem1__0.png

However this can be fixed with a refresh (set attribute "SelectListIsUpdated" in OpPlace)

Apparition of issue:
* Generating a lot of alarms (basically powering off many equipments monitored) (in my case its around 200 alarms)
* Reseting a lot of alarms

Problem #2:

Sometimes the alarm list is showing only 1 alarm.

Problem2__0.png

When refreshing the list I can see all alarms rapidly scrolling (still only in 1 line) but in the end there is still one alarm in the list (which is always the same).
In "Display" Dsup are still with attribute Action=1

Apparition of issue:

* When problem #1 appears, after doing many refresh.
* When a lot of alarms remain active (after many days) acknowledging or not alarms doesn't seems to change anything.

subsidiary questions:
  • What happens if number ala]rms active > MaxNoOfAlarms ?
  • Is it taken in consideration if OpPlace.MaxNoOfAlarms is changed in pwrp_alias.dat or do I need to rebuild node ?
  • Is OpPlace.SelectListIsUpdated automatically set by message handler ? If yes, when does it do it.

PS:

I can easily reproduce Problem #2 with an older application with a 4096 Dsup array, which goes from 146 active alarms to 1 within 3h without doing any action.
At t=0 there is 146 active alarms in rt_xtt
At t>3hours there is 1 active alarms in rt_xtt
Between t=0 & t>3h , active alarms list could either stand still or diminished
ie:
Problem2__1.png
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by paul.ochon.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Alarm List not showing all alarms 6 years 8 months ago #9125

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Paul,

There was a bug in the alarm communication, and alarm messages could be lost, especially if they were sent simultaneously. This bug was fixed in 5.4 and in this version also a cyclic alarm message was introduced that cyclically sent the alarm list to ensure that it always is up to date. So the best advice I can give is to upgrade to at least 5.4.

If the number of alarm exceeds MaxNumberOfAlarms old alarms are discarded.
MaxNumberOfAlarms can be set in pwrp_alias.dat.
If the selectlist is modified the SelectListIsUpdate should be set to indicate for the message handler that there is a new select list. There previously was possibility for the operator to modify the select list, but this is not implemented in the current environment.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paul.ochon
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.597 seconds