Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Saving changed values at the process station

Saving changed values at the process station 6 years 3 months ago #9424

• Maja
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello proview community,

in my project I am changing often values on the process station, for example I change often the set value,integral action or the gain of the PID-Controller. So if I have to stop the process station (Stop Runtime or Reset Runtime) and start it again, the last changed values are deleted and replaced with the old values of the distribution from the development station.

Is there a way to save the new values that are changed while process station was running?
Or is there a protocoll where I can see the last changed values to save this file to reproduce the configurated values?

Best regards

Maja
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saving changed values at the process station 6 years 3 months ago #9425

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Maja,

There is a backup server (rt_bck) that continuously stores attribute values in a backup file and reloads the file at a restart. The server is configured with a Backup_Conf object and each attribute that should be stored is configured with a Backup object.

The backup file can be copied to a development station and opened in the configurator from Function/More/Backupfile Utility in the menu. In this utility you can view the values in the backupfile, compare them with the values in configurator, and also copy values to the configurator.

/Claes
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by claes.

Saving changed values at the process station 6 years 3 months ago #9429

• Maja
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Claes,

I found the backup file on my process station (pwr_backup.bck).
After copying the file to the development station, I opened the backup file with the configuratior from Function/More/Backupfile Utility but nothings happen. There is just only a white window.
When I try to compare nothings happen too. So maybe I am doing a simple mistake but I am not even sure :blush: . I copied the backup file after I stopped the runtime of the process station with scp command.

Best regards

Maja :P

Saving changed values at the process station 6 years 3 months ago #9430

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Maja,

You have to open a backup file from File/Open in the menu. And there has to be some Backup objects configured in the node, otherwise the backup file is empty and the window will still be empty.

/Claes

Saving changed values at the process station 6 years 3 months ago #9431

• Maja
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Claes,

finally it works now!
I thought the backup object in the Node herarchie is enough for the backup.

And there has to be some Backup objects configured in the node, otherwise the backup file is empty and the window will still be empty.
In this case I forgot to create some backup objects in the plant herarchie and to connect them with the appropriatet modules.

The functionality of proview is suprising me every day!
Thanks again claes!

Best regards

Maja
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Maja.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.162 seconds