Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: OneWire MAX31850 help!!!

OneWire MAX31850 help!!! 6 years 3 weeks ago #9650

• Avispao
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I've been trying for some time to make work a MAX31850 with Proview.

It's connected to a Raspberry Pi zero W, but I can't make it show any reliable data.

With some effort I could compile and made the hardware node work (I think).

I have some configuration questions anyway.

1.- I use a OneWireAi_Device, but what should I put at address?

2.- How should I connect the hardware node to the signal; Is it right to connect the OneWire_Device-AiChannel to the Signal, as I'm doing

3.- If that's the way I should do it... why it doesn't sample any data form the hardware [If I cat the file at the raspi, I can get the temperature]

Could anyone help me [Claes, Marc,...]
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

OneWire MAX31850 help!!! 6 years 3 weeks ago #9651

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Avispao,

1. The idea is to put the serial number in Address, and the family and address will then replace the %s in the filename to create the actual filename. But you also insert the actual filename without %s and then the Address is not used. Especially as the serial number nowadays might be too long for the Address.

2. You should connect Nodes-Raspidemo-IO-BusW1-Sona01.ChAi to the Ai signal.

3. If you have the correct filename and the search string is correct (this is the string in the datafile after which the value is found) it should work. There is one known problem at boot, that Proview runtime is started before the 1wire file system is created and then the initialization fails. In this case the starup of Proview has to be delayed. But if you start manually this should not be a problem.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 7.939 seconds