Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Error during building proview froon Lubuntu 17.10:

Error during building proview froon Lubuntu 17.10: 5 years 11 months ago #9677

• HansL
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi.

For "fun" I tried to build proview from source on Lubuntu 17.10, running as an Oracle VirtualBox VM.
I believe I get quite far, but then I get th error below.

How should I go about to debug this compile error?
The configure stage reports all mandatory packages found, while quite a few of the optional are not there.
Uname returns:
Linux pwrdev.local 4.13.0-37-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 7 14:13:23 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

-- Build module rt
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/hans/proview/src/lib/dtt/src/.os_linux/.hw_x86_64'
Generate dtt_appl_rttsys_p21

%RTT-I-MSG, Picture generatedGenerate dtt_appl_rttsys_p22

%RTT-I-MSG, Picture generatedGenerate dtt_appl_rttsys_p23

%RTT-I-MSG, Picture generatedGenerate dtt_appl_rttsys_p24

%RTT-I-MSG, Picture generatedmake[1]: Leaving directory '/home/hans/proview/src/lib/dtt/src/.os_linux/.hw_x86_64'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/hans/proview/src/exe/rt_io_comm/src/.os_linux/.hw_x86_64'
Linking /home/hans/proview/rls/os_linux/hw_x86_64/rt/exe/rt_io_comm
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/hans/proview/src/exe/rt_io_comm/src/.os_linux/.hw_x86_64'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/hans/proview/src/wbl/pwrs/src/.os_linux/.hw_x86_64'
Generating loadfile for pwrs
chmod: cannot access '/home/hans/proview/rls/os_linux/hw_x86_64/rt/load/pwrs.dbs': No such file or directory
makefile:54: recipe for target '/home/hans/proview/rls/os_linux/hw_x86_64/rt/load/pwrs.dbs' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/hans/proview/rls/os_linux/hw_x86_64/rt/load/pwrs.dbs] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/hans/proview/src/wbl/pwrs/src/.os_linux/.hw_x86_64'

BR,
Hans Lindkvist
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Error during building proview froon Lubuntu 17.10: 5 years 11 months ago #9684

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Hi Hans,

It seem's as if the dbs-file pwrs.dbs is not created. To create the dbs-files rls/os_linux/hw_x86_64/exp/exe/wb_cmd_gtk is used and you can check if this file exist. It's part of the development environment so the development environment (wb module) has to be built before the rt module can be finished.

/Claes

Error during building proview froon Lubuntu 17.10: 5 years 11 months ago #9685

• HansL
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Claes.

It seems like, when in "src/wbl/pwrs/src/.os_linux/.hw_x86_64/makefile", the rule "$(load_dir)/pwrs.dbs :" is executed, there is a dependency to "rls/os_linux/hw_x86_64/bld/wbl/pwrs/pwrs.d_wbl". This file do not exist. Instead, at that location, only "pwrs.d_hpp_wbl" and "pwrs.d_h_wbl" exist.

I should mention that what I try to build is cloned from github, in case there is a chance that is not complete.

BR,
Hans

Error during building proview froon Lubuntu 17.10: 5 years 11 months ago #9687

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Hans,

I made a push to github last week, and if you cloned before that push you should make a pull to get the latest.

/Claes

Error during building proview froon Lubuntu 17.10: 5 years 11 months ago #9688

• HansL
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Claes.

As far as I can see the latest log entry was 6th of April, and I cloned the 9th, so my repo should be up-to-date. Nothing happened when I tried pull anyway.
So, I still have the issue with a missing "rls/os_linux/hw_x86_64/bld/wbl/pwrs/pwrs.d_wbl", if you have any idea.

My excercise with building proview is actually just to figure out how the process station gets the name of the development station, for displaying windows. I'm still trying to figure out how to set up a network, that uses mDNS, so that the process and development stations uses correct hostnames to find each other.

BTW, I saw a comment mentioning 5.6. is there any dates set for pwr56? Will it be built on newer distributions of Ubuntu and Raspbian?

BR,
Hans

Error during building proview froon Lubuntu 17.10: 5 years 11 months ago #9693

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Hans,

The d_wbl is a dependency file for make and it's created the first time pwrs.dbs is built. So it's actually not needed for the build, the basic problem is something else. I still suspect wb_cmd.

We will use the latest LTS version of Ubuntu that will be 18.04, and also the latest Raspbian.

/Claes
The following user(s) said Thank You: HansL
  • Page:
Time to create page: 7.863 seconds