Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Copying graphs to another PC

Copying graphs to another PC 4 years 10 months ago #10295

• TrygveHe
  • Senior Boarder
Hi.

I am moving a project from one PC to another. Mostly I am just setting things up from scratch to clean up things a bit. But I would like to copy my graphs over. The graphs are made with Proview 5.5 and I have installed 5.6 on the new PC. When I try to open the graphs an empty dialog box called "Confirm" pops up and after a short while Proview crashes. I have only copied the pwg files. Are they not compatible with the new version or are there more files that need to be copied?

Regards,
Trygve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Copying graphs to another PC 4 years 10 months ago #10296

• brunad
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Hi Trygve,

I have similar issue when some variables in the graph remain unconnected to the corresponding new project ones.
You have to create missing ones (in plant hierarchy for instance).

/Bruno
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by brunad.

Copying graphs to another PC 4 years 10 months ago #10297

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Trygve,

The pwg-files are compatible and it should be sufficient to copy them to $pwrp_pop. There is though a bug when opening a graph from an XttGraph object, so try opening it from File/Open in the Ge editor menu instead.

/Claes

Copying graphs to another PC 4 years 10 months ago #10298

• TrygveHe
  • Senior Boarder
Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to open GE editor and then opening the graph file with file/open but I just get a quick glimps of the graph before both the Ge editor and the project configurator crashes.

I had a look in the old system to check for links between signals and the graphs, but there was just a couple of signals that had a link under DefGraph. Many signals and variables that I know is used in the graph was not showing a link. Could these missing links cause the crash in version 5.6 and not in 5.5?

Regards,
Trygve

Copying graphs to another PC 4 years 10 months ago #10299

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Tryggve,

The Ge editor doesn't use DefGraph. Actually it doesn't look in the configuration database at all unless you make a syntax check.

Anyway it shouldn't crash, so it's probably a bug. If you send the pwg-file to me I could have a closer look ( This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ).

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.209 seconds