Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Arduino problem in 5.6

Arduino problem in 5.6 2 months 5 days ago #10560

• brunad
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Bill,

Your problem is maybe the result of a bad signal.
In industrial environment there are a lot of electomagnetic disturbances. This is the reason why symetrical bus link with terminal resistors is widely used for sensors (RS485 for Foundation fieldbus, Modbus and Profibus for instance). Recently a new fieldbus named IO-Link was introduced. This bus uses asymetrical 24V signal (one wire is asymetrical 3V), I just tested it and ... it's very bad, even with short links (few meters), It's very incompatible with inverters's electromagenetics interferences (mainly by conduction mode).
You have to use shielded twisted pair with the shield connected to the ground at one extremity (to avoid parasitic currents's circulation). If you can, take a look to the signal with an oscilloscope.

I found this
pdfserv.maximintegrated.com/en/an/AN148.pdf
www.maximintegrated.com/en/design/techni...pp-notes/6/6208.html
And this
networkencyclopedia.com/electromagnetic-interference-emi/
networkencyclopedia.com/drain-wire/

I hope it will help you a bit. :)

/Bruno
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by brunad.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brew

Arduino problem in 5.6 2 months 5 days ago #10561

• brew
  • Expert Boarder
Hello Bruno,

Your links are very useful and interesting. I should put an oscilloscope on the signal sometime soon. I use CAT5 cable, which is unshielded .
There could be problems with the CAT5.

BUT, the 600ms - .6 second-- delay is without anything connected to the arduinos.
So there is something delaying the processes in software. Most likely DallasTempurature.
Since no hardware is hooked up to the arduino when i run the tests.

When i hook up all the wiring, the delay increases to 1.6 seconds .
I am going to try and get the software fixed first, then go after the hardware setup.

Thanks again!!
bill
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds