Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Applications

Applications 3 years 5 months ago #10824

• GenCoOp
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi @ all,

im new to proview system. I've been working with proview for 4 weeks. I know how plc's working and also process control systems.
I have a working io (modbus tcp). I have set up some graphs. I know how to run commands and scripts on runtime and designtime.
But..
Applications wont work at all.
First what i have got: (RaspberryPI4)
- i have an cpp application compiled. (code from man_dg.pdf page 117)
- i got a makefile to compile my application. (code from man_dg.pdf page 130, with addional lines for .o target
- the .o file is in the $pwrp_obj named "plc_ra_myappl_maintask.o" (PlcProcess is named :"maintask")
- the .opt file is created in exe folder named "plc_ra_myappl_0999_maintask.opt"
- i created a BuildOptions-node in the BusConfig-NodeConfig-BuildOptions (BusNumber:999) (OS: Linux_on_ARM)
- i added a application-node under "Nodes" node with BuildCmd. (make --directory $pwr_src -f makefile) <-- buildcmd are working, because i can see the the output in xterm.

I got no feedback of running applications or some info that the application got errors.
How to check that my application is linked into plc.
After i build the node, the output says:
No plcgms found in volume.
But i dont know if applications listed as plcgms.

What is wrong or what is missing to run my own application?
Can anyone help me out, or one step further?

Best regards

PS.: i hope my english is readable.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Applications 3 years 5 months ago #10826

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi,

An application is a separate program and is not linked with the plc. You should find the executable on $pwr_exe. It can be started from the prompt (if you have attached the project with 'sdf'). To start the application at ProviewR startup add it in the ld_appl file (see Designer's Guide).

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.827 seconds