Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: proviewr_5.7.1-1 install failed on Ubuntu 20.04

proviewr_5.7.1-1 install failed on Ubuntu 20.04 3 years 2 months ago #10910

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Claes and all,

I was trying to prepare exactly the same installation (pwr 5.7.1 on ubuntu 20.04) at home but have install libgtk3.0 instead of libgtk2.0 (don't know why and when I missed your post with your config) and the build.sh failed but I don't understand why.
I'm not good with lib and cflag compile option so perhaps it is something stupid but gtk.h looks accessible to me but is not found from the build process.

here is the output of ./buid.sh
-- Build module xtt
Compiling cow_login_gtk.cpp
Compiling cow_log_gtk.cpp
cow_login_gtk.cpp:40:10: fatal error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
   40 | #include <gtk/gtk.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/home/administrator/Proview/pwrsrc_5.7.1-1/src/tools/bld/src/rules.mk:81: /home/administrator/Proview/pwrsrc_5.7.1-1/rls/os_linux/hw_x86_64/bld/lib/cow/cow_login_gtk.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from cow_log_gtk.h:43,
                 from cow_log_gtk.cpp:42:
cow_wow_gtk.h:44:10: fatal error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
   44 | #include <gtk/gtk.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/home/administrator/Proview/pwrsrc_5.7.1-1/src/tools/bld/src/rules.mk:81: /home/administrator/Proview/pwrsrc_5.7.1-1/rls/os_linux/hw_x86_64/bld/lib/cow/cow_log_gtk.o] Error 1

And here is the output of pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-3.0
administrator@AutomationDev:~/Proview/pwrsrc_5.7.1-1$ pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-3.0
-pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-3.0 -I/usr/include/at-spi2-atk/2.0 -I/usr/include/at-spi-2.0 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-3.0 -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/fribidi -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/uuid -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng16 -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/libmount -I/usr/include/blkid -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -lgtk-3 -lgdk-3 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lharfbuzz -latk-1.0 -lcairo-gobject -lcairo -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0
administrator@AutomationDev:~/Proview/pwrsrc_5.7.1-1$ 

gtk.h is of course present where I expected it to be :
administrator@AutomationDev:~/Proview/pwrsrc_5.7.1-1$ ls /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtk.h
/usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtk.h

I can't see what is missing at this stage.

Thank for any help in advance

Snarf
The administrator has disabled public write access.

proviewr_5.7.1-1 install failed on Ubuntu 20.04 3 years 2 months ago #10911

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Snarf,

gtk3 and gtk2 is not compatible and our idea was to move to qt instead of gtk3, but there has been some problems with that project.
So for now you have to install gtk2.

/Claes

proviewr_5.7.1-1 install failed on Ubuntu 20.04 3 years 2 months ago #10912

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you for clarification Claes,

I revert back to gtk2.0 and everything went smoothly.

I just have to add the following package in addition to your given config based on my install from scratch:

apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev
and replacing libpython-dev by libpython2-dev as mentioned by WestCounce.

Thank you

Ps: where can I found the arduino sketch to communicate with proview through USB ? I remember you did one but don't remember where it can be downloaded.

proviewr_5.7.1-1 install failed on Ubuntu 20.04 3 years 2 months ago #10913

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
One more thing, after build is complete, I could start pwra normally but I can't add a new ProjectReg in the ProjectList window. this is crashing immediatly (Segmentation fault (core dumped)) when the object is inserted.

In the console where I started pwra, the only strange thing I noticed is :
11:55:41 DEBUG co_dcli_file.cpp:178: Warning! Could not resolve environment variable $pwrp_login
11:55:41 DEBUG co_dcli_file.cpp:178: Warning! Could not resolve environment variable $pwrp_login
11:55:41 DEBUG co_dcli_file.cpp:178: Warning! Could not resolve environment variable $pwrp_db
11:55:41 DEBUG co_dcli_file.cpp:178: Warning! Could not resolve environment variable $pwrp_db

As I have no project yet that doesn't look critical to me not to have those directly defined but could ther be a link ? Or what could cause this crash in your opinion ?

Thanks
Snarf
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Snarf77.

proviewr_5.7.1-1 install failed on Ubuntu 20.04 3 years 2 months ago #10915

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
You'll find the sketch in otherio/exp/rt/src.

About the segfault, I can't say what is the cause. Maybe a backtrace from the core dump would say something.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.126 seconds