Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Runtime problem

Runtime problem 3 months 1 week ago #11358

• eiver
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone!

I get the following error when starting runtime: sched_setscheduler: Operation not permitted failed to set pid policy. First photo

While starting runtime environment following error shows up: E rt_xtt 9151 22-03-21 10:19:41.64 Open messageQ, mq_open(/pwrlogq…. Second photo

Any help would be really appreciated.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Runtime problem 3 months 1 week ago #11361

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Eiver,

You will get 'sched_setscheduler: Operation not permitted' if you are starting on a development station, as you don't have permissions to set priority of threads and processes. The programs will work anyway but you will not have realtime performance.

The second problem I guess is that you are starting rt_xtt from a user that doesn't have permissions to access the message queue and shared memory segments for the runtime database. If you using different users you have to set up umask and groups so that they can share these common resources. The easy way is to not use different users.

/Claes

Runtime problem 3 months 6 days ago #11366

• eiver
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Claes,

Thank you for your reply!

How can I get permissions to set priority of threads and process? Do you know the name of the proview app?

I can't use different user so I give permissions manually before. I set the umask on 007 and problem still exist. Can you explain how to properly set umask and groups?

/Eiver

Runtime problem 3 months 5 days ago #11367

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Eiver,

You can set capabilities on $pwr_exe/rt_ini with he command

> sudo setcap cap_net_admin,cap_net_broadcast,cap_net_raw,cap_net_bind_service,cap_sys_boot,cap_sys_nice,+eip $pwr_exe/rt_ini

If you are using the same user, I don't understand why permissions should be a problem. You can check the permissions and owner of the ProviewR locks and shared memory in /tmp/pwr*. Your user should have write permissions on these files.

The android app is disclosed and replaced by the HTML5 web interface.

/Claes

Runtime problem 3 months 5 days ago #11369

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hmm... There seems to be some problem when starting with capabilities. Some processes are not starting up correctly.

/Claes

Runtime problem 3 months 1 day ago #11373

• eiver
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Claes!

Thank you for answers!

Runtime works for me now, but I have another problem. I cannot change the values within the object attributes of the graph. I can use ctrl+q command and change value but when I want to save changes nothing happens. This function dose not work only in than case. Do you know maybe how to solve this?

/Eiver
  • Page:
Time to create page: 2.654 seconds