Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ge: text on indicators

Ge: text on indicators 1 year 9 months ago #11465

• jds
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,

For a project I'm building a small lookalike controller panel to let the users come formiliar with the new interface of the new installation before it's installed in reals time. Also will this be used to test the real hardware (FAT test).
To make the panel the right look and feel of the real panel, I'm using the indsquarelarge as light and switch (they look like the real to be installed). This works perfect using DigTone attribute as feedback for the light and sto.dlg.attribute as switch output.
What I'm struggling with is the following: the switches are engraved in real live, so I've put the text on the buttons, but now, of course, the text masks partially the function of the buttons. I've tried to use the text attributes from the buttons (or should I say indicators) instead of putting text over the buttons, but whatever I do, no text is displayed.
So A bit of a double question:?

- is it possible to make the placed text over an object "invisible" for mousebuttonpresses
- what am I missing to use the text attribute of the indicator itself (digitext/analogtext), is it possible to use more than one dyntype at once?

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ge: text on indicators 1 year 9 months ago #11467

• brunad
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Hello jds (?),

You can group every graphical object in GE (even if it's a single object).
Then, you have an access to all Dynamics and Action properties.
You can create also an animated button from scratch (it's a little more complicated)

/Bruno
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by brunad.

Ge: text on indicators 1 year 9 months ago #11468

• jds
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks Bruno, this worked, but unfortunately partial.
Now the text is idd embedded in to the button (or should I say indicator used as button), but without grouping, there's a "3d" action on the button so when clicking, the burron looks pressed down as shown in the picture below (first button). Maybe this is a setting too? I'm pretty new to GE, only used the logic controlling part in the past :)

Jeroen

Ge: text on indicators 1 year 9 months ago #11469

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Hi Jeroen,

I think you should use DigColor instead of DigTone. All buttons and indicators works with DigColor so DigTone is seldom used nowadays.

You can create an indicator/pushbutton by drawing a rectangle with fill and 3d. Adjust the shadow width and add the text. Group the rectangle and text and set dynamics on the group.

/Claes

Ge: text on indicators 1 year 9 months ago #11483

• jds
  • Expert Boarder
Hello,

I've played around with some settings and its very easy to create a rectangle to act as an animated button with the relief going up and down on press. So the simple step: draw a rectagle, set some fill gradient, set the 3D property, group the rectangle and set action parameter to stodlg with the right attribute.

So far, so good, and even far as the thing I had before (read indicator act as button).

Now: delete the stodlg, add some text on the rectangle and group the text and rectangle. Set the same stodlg + attributes. The output to the signal is (of course) the same, but my relief going up and dwon disappears to, and that's where I'm stuck. Same behaivior as the indicator, always when the text get grouped to the object the relief going up/down on push disappears. Anything that I'm doing wrong, or is the text the blocking factor in my story?

Ge: text on indicators 1 year 9 months ago #11484

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Hi Jeroen,

Remove the group on the rectangle before you group it with the text.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.317 seconds