Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stable timers

Stable timers 2 months 2 weeks ago #11675

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 454
Hi jds,

The basic design is you should be able to run on differnt busses on the same node, but as we that always have separate development and process stations there has been some function implemented through the years that doesn't apply to this. I've played around a bit and I'm sure I haven't found all implications, but this is what I've found so far.

1. You have to have different object names of the NodeConfig objects, otherwise the nodes will be mixed up in the build sequence.

2. The status server uses soap, so there can only be one status server running. The runtime monitor gets it's information from the status server, so it will only work for the bus that has the status server running. So you can for example disable the status server in the production bus (this can be done the in ld_appl-file by removing the comment for pwr_statusserver) and use the runtime monitor for the simulation bus.

3. To stop the runtime environment on a bus, you should, if possible, use the stop command, not the reset command. The stop command will send terminate messages to all processes on the bus and make a controlled shutdown. The reset command will just kill a bunch of processes, and unfortunately also some on the other bus, as which bus they belong to can't be destinguished from outside. In case some process is not responding to the terminate message, the stop command will fail you have to reset both busses.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jds
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.435 seconds