Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: IO stalled

IO stalled 1 year 2 months ago #11869

• Phil19
  • Senior Boarder
Good morning,

in my previous project, I used a Waggo in TCP/IP modbus.
In a new project, I am using a schneider m221 in TCP/IP modbus
I had no problems with the waggo but on this new project I have a random problem. PLC and rt_emon show "IO stalled, cyclesetup delay detected" error.
My project is not yet distributed in the operator machine. It runs in test on my virtual machine on the development station.

Capture_2023-02-09.PNG

Thank you for you precious help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

IO stalled 1 year 2 months ago #11870

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Phil,

Under each PlcThread objects there are two CycleSup objects that are supervising the plc threads. One is sending an alarm message, and one is doing som halt action, normally stopping the I/O. If the plc thread hasn't made a time stamp within the MaxDelay time, the halt action will be triggered. In your case it could be the modbus reading that is causing the delay. If the modbus slave is not responding, each read will wait the RespondTime in the slave object, that is 200ms by default, so if there are several read modules this can add up to the MaxDelay time of the CycleSup. To troubleshoot you can disable the CycleSup by setting action to no. In the PlcThread object you can see some statistics of the scan time and load. There is also a loop counter that should be counting.

/Claes

IO stalled 1 year 2 months ago #11874

• Phil19
  • Senior Boarder
Hello Claes,

Thank you for your answer.
During my tests the problem occurred during a test from my dev station which is on a virtual machine on my PC...
Now the solution runs autonomously on a VM on our server. The problem has not returned since.
I will monitor.

This is my second proview project and a big thank you to you for providing this extraordinary solution which opens up a lot of possibilities for me.

Thanks again and until next time.

/Phil
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Phil19.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.638 seconds