Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Modbus TCP communication problem

Modbus TCP communication problem 1 year 2 months ago #11890

• Latapoune
  • Senior Boarder
Hello to all,

I am facing a problem for several days without finding the solution. I had done a Modbus TCP test a few months ago which worked very well following Ben's tuto, unfortunately I lost a few months of development because of a health problem and worse, I lost my dev station. I only have the distribut on my process station which still works fine.
I wanted to redo the exercise to train myself and I have the following problem: I can read the sensor data but only once... Then Proview sends the frames but no answer... At first I thought it was a hardware problem but my process station is always there to remind me that everything is fine on the hardware side. I tried Proview on other PCs, in V5.8 and V6.0, and always the same...

Here is the problem visually on the node on the attached picture: you can see RX_packets = 2. On the process station, there are as many RX packets as TX.

Capturedu2023-02-2116-24-49.png

Proview versions tested: 5.8 (under Mint20.1) and 6.0 (under Mint21.1)
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Latapoune.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Modbus TCP communication problem 1 year 2 months ago #11891

• Latapoune
  • Senior Boarder
Here is now the Modbus module config in attachment: very simple, just a basic exercise

Capturedu2023-02-2116-25-32.png

Here's the Xterm:

Capturedu2023-02-2116-26-50.png

Capturedu2023-02-2116-28-09.png

Modbus TCP communication problem 1 year 2 months ago #11892

• Latapoune
  • Senior Boarder
I am looking for the solution without success. I was really able to reproduce the defect on several physical machines with 2 different versions of Proview. I wonder if I'm making a mistake somewhere or if I forgot something in the proview configuration, but now I really need help, I don't know where to look anymore.

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance !

Seb

Modbus TCP communication problem 1 year 2 months ago #11893

• Latapoune
  • Senior Boarder
Good evening,
I have solved the problem but I don't understand it very well. I just checked a box "Poll" in the configuration of the gateway which adds a "Poll interval" to 10ms and "response Timeout" to 200ms.

I didn't understand why my first tests and my process station worked without this parameter and why do I need it when I did tests by polling 1x per second...

Sorry for the inconvenience: if you have any explanations, it would help me a lot. In any case Proview works well, that's the main thing!

Thanks a lot!

Modbus TCP communication problem 1 year 2 months ago #11896

• Latapoune
  • Senior Boarder
Hello everyone,

To clarify the configuration of the network, here is a small diagram :

Synoptic1.png

It's very basic and for the moment the sensors chaining is not a problem anymore. Are there any important parameters in Proview to know to avoid communication problems in this case. For example, in my tests, I configured the gateway with a "Modbus_TCP_Slave", then each sensor with "Modbus_Module": did I understand the principle well? Are there other parameters to know?

Thank you !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.875 seconds