Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Motion Control USBIO

Motion Control USBIO 13 years 10 months ago #765

• dannyboi83
  • Senior Boarder
Hi,

I have started to include the Motion Control USB device which is supported by proview. I have been following the I/O guide following the step by step description on page 50 to include it in my project. When I do my initial save there are errors that come up. I am still new to this so not sure how to go about fixing them. The errors seem to focus around the statusEnum part which is not covered well in the guide. I have attached a screenshot of the errors and you help would be appreciated on this. I have also included the load file for information.

Regards
Dan

Attachment cvolprocesscontrol.txt not found

Post edited by: dannyboi83, at: 2010/05/23 17:51
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Motion Control USBIO 13 years 10 months ago #766

• dannyboi83
  • Senior Boarder
Here is the screenprint pasted into word of the error messages

Attachment Doc1.doc not found

Attachments:

Re:Motion Control USBIO 13 years 10 months ago #767

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Dan,

The TypeRef in the Status attribute is missing. It should be Type-MotionControl_StatusEnum.
But there is also another severe error; the type and class names has to be unique, and those names are already present in the OtherIO volume, so you have to choose other names for MotionControl_StatusEnum, MotionControl_USB and MotionControl_USBIO.
When you change the names of the classes, remove the Template objects. Also change the structname in the RtBody objects.

/Claes

Re:Motion Control USBIO 13 years 10 months ago #768

• dannyboi83
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Claes,

Thank you for your reply. I have made the changes but there is still some problem with lines 8 and 10 of the cvolprocon.wb_load file. The contents is shown below. I am wondering if I have set up the Type status section correct,. I have included a screen shot of the status type object info if that helps.

I deleted the class and restarted giving different names to the attributes. Is there anything that needs to be put into the TypeRef for the status type object?

Dan

Attachment cvolprocon.txt not found

Attachments:

Re:Motion Control USBIO 13 years 10 months ago #769

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Dan,

The typeref for an enumeration type should be pwrs:Type-$Enum.

/Claes

Re:Motion Control USBIO 13 years 10 months ago #772

• dannyboi83
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for the help, I think that I have gotten that bit sorted. I am now trying to make the mehtods using the make file supplied in the document but am coming up with the following errors:

[code:1]pwrp@dcarr-desktop:/usr/local/pwrp/processcontrol/src$ make
make: *** No rule to make target `/ra_io_m_motioncontrol_usbio.c', needed by `/pwrp/x86_linux/obj/ra_io_m_motioncontrol_usbio.o'. Stop.
[/code:1]

Please can you let me know where I am going wrong as the code has been copied exactly as the manual describes. I am currently using 64 bit Ubuntu so not sure why it needs to try an build for the 32 bit version.

Thank you for your time and help, it is most appreciated. Hopefully this should be the last bit and the USB device should then work :S

Thanks
Dan
Time to create page: 8.390 seconds