Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Printers

Printers 13 years 7 months ago #884

• aop
  • Senior Boarder
Hello!

I just try to use the printing function in RT and Dev. There are several environment variables to setup the printing que like:
pwr_rt_print
pwr_foe_gre_print
pwr_foe_print
...?

My questions now are:
Are there any further printer variables and what are their meaning?

Where is the (best) place to set them? I tried to set them in the .bashrc file, without success, I've got always the message: \"Printer not defined in env xy\"

What exactly is the content of the variables? Is this the queue-name I get by typing the command \"lpq\" in a terminal window?

Thanks in advance for any help
peter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Printers 13 years 7 months ago #885

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Hello Peter,

I very seldom write anything on paper nowdays but I've done some research to freshen up my memory.

pwr_foe_gre_print is used to print postscript files in the development enviroment, eg plc documents. It should contain a shell commmand to print out a postscript file and the name of the postscript file is added to the command. You can for example define it in $pwrp_login/login.sh with

export pwr_foe_gre_print=\"lpr -P lp1\"

where you replace lp1 with your printer queue.

pwr_foe_print and pwr_foe_print_land are used to print lists generated by the list function, eg crossreference or signal lists. These are written to textfiles which should be printed in portrait or landscape format. They are defined in a similar way as pwr_foe_gre_print.

In runtime you define pwr_rt_print, and, if you have a special color printer, pwr_rt_colorprint. It should also contaĆ­n a shell command to print a postscript file. It can be defined in the startup-file for rt_xtt.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.656 seconds