Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any developers?

Any developers? 13 years 7 months ago #971

• barryn56
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
I am building a testing system which looks like it could use this software, as there is an element of electrohydraulic control as well as data acquisition. However, I am not a programmer, so I'd like ot know if anyone here could advise on suitability for our needs and then build a system. We have plans to develop our own acqusition boards because we need high temp (100 degC) operation and specific controls. The plan was to then interface to a computer through USB and ethernet.

Fell free to drop me ane mail if you're interested in more details, at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Any developers? 13 years 7 months ago #972

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
I wish I could work more with Proview.
Lack of time and \"knowledge\" is my black hole.
Proview has, for me, a unbelievable bloody high learning curve.
Many aspects are knocking on my door.
Kernel drivers (modules), GE, I/O's, GNU/Linux distro type, C, Java (web, but I try to stay away, I never liked Java and look who is the owner now.....)., dynamically systems, db4, PLC's, db4.......

Nice playground but I am pulling my hair out.
I bought the motioncontrol, USBIO, board and my beard is becoming grey.

But, please,stay open if you find out..., something.....

/Marc\
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.

Re:Any developers? 13 years 7 months ago #973

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Is there a forum member fighting, at the moment, with the USBIO as well?

Post edited by: marc, at: 2010/09/10 07:25
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.

Re:Any developers? 13 years 7 months ago #984

• crl
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi barryn56,

Is 100degC only for temperature sensor measurement range or also for control electronic operating temperature? Notice you can easily measure much more than 100C° with common industrial temperature sensor like PT100 or Thermocouple.

Developing you own acquisition board appear not to be the best solution for me. I think, you can do everything with standards control and acquisition hardware. This will be cheaper and most maintainable.

Regards

Cyril

Re:Any developers? 13 years 6 months ago #1048

• crl
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the comments.

Cyril- unfortunately there are no boards on the market that I've come across that can:

- Happily work at 100 degC (yes, everything is at 100 degC)
- Fit comfortably inside a 50mm pressure tube (system housing)

But if you have any sources for boards that could do this, I'd be very interested.

Barry

Sorry, I did not saw you answer until now, because it was posted in a new thread.

This is my opinion, but I would never use electronic board at 100degC. If you do that, give me a feed back...

Only sensors and wire must be exposed to high temperature.

Could you not consider having only sensor at 100degC, while data acquisition interfaces are in a safe remote control cabinet?

I imagine you must power your electronic and then you have wires coming from somewhere. So why not using \"2 wires 4-20mA sensors\" instead?

Cyril

Post edited by: crl, at: 2010/10/11 18:08
  • Page:
Time to create page: 7.976 seconds