Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where to start

Where to start 15 years 11 months ago #177

• wiktorell
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello

I worked with SCADA and PC (.Net c#) development for about 10 years but is a newbee when it comes to Linux.

Do you recomend a special Linux distr. if you only want a stable SCADA and soft PLC station?

In the IO section it was a picture of Advantys IO module. Is this the only module you have tested concerning the Modbus TCP driver?

When it comes to IO´s. Where is the limit today, Today I run a 4000 tags project. Isthis OK to run in Proview?.

regards

Mikael
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Where to start 15 years 11 months ago #178

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hello Mikael !

We don't really recommend a special Linux distribution. Ourselves we use Debian. We build packages for Debian, Ubuntu, OpenSuse and Fedora. From a user point of view Ubuntu is the simplest one to work with (especially as a beginner Linux user), it's however not as straightforward to tweak the kernel on this distribution.

We have tested some different Modbus-TCP I/O's. Advantsys, Phoenix and some other which I don't remember. The driver should work with most I think. Just check which Modbus function codes that are supported (we don't support them all).

We don't really have anything that compares to tags. There is a limit on every type of signal (ex. 6000 Di's, 4000 on the other types). However signals is not the only way to store data in Proview, we rather think of objects defined by a class. Each object represent several parameters of a defined type which each could be considered as a tag. It is possible to build a system of more than 200 000 objects.

Regards

/Robert
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.567 seconds