Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Address problem

Address problem 13 years 3 weeks ago #1824

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello , i have a working proview system running version 4.8.1-2, earlier this week, i started the project and everithing was going fine, until later the next day it stopped collecting data and communicating with one of my devices, when i restarrt the project i get this rare error that says
Error 23 fault: SOAP-ENV:Server [no subcode]
\"Address already in use\"

What is this error referring to? i checked the network and it looks ok cause i am able to communicate with my devices with another application. Any help please
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Address problem 13 years 3 weeks ago #1825

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
I'm, like almost always, not sure. But it can be a Java problem.
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.

Re:Address problem 13 years 3 weeks ago #1826

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 499
Hi Canelon,

SOAP is a protocol used in web services, and we use a web service in the status server which communicates with the runtime monitor and answers request of for example the system status, start xtt or the operator environment. We have made a change recently, because the status server opens a port, and at a restart the new status server process tries to open the same port, but by default there is a time limit of 60 s before a port can be opened again. So even though Proveiw was restarted and running it took 60 s before the status server could open the port and enlighten the rutime monitor of this. We found a way to reduce the time, but this error message might be some side effect of this. Could you please check if the runtme monitor is working ? If it does, it is probably nothing to worry about.

The OPC server is also communicating with SOAP but I assume that you don't use OPC.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.817 seconds