Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Historian database access

Historian database access 15 years 11 months ago #207

• aop
  • Senior Boarder
Hello!

I consider about historian data collection and access to the database in Proview.
I found a class DsHistServer in the \"Object Reference Doc\", which seems to allow to create a historian database.

• The used Rdb database, seems to be very hightec orientated (alpha, itanium) or \"oldfashioned\" and not available for x86 systems - Is this right?

• If yes, are there any other ways to create an historian database, which is \"more up to date\" and operating system independent like mySQL?

• To be honest I am not a database expert, but I am looking for a simple and open interface, to create reports from values, events and alarms from Proview. I would also like to get this datas to the MS Office world. Any ideas are welcome.

Regards
    Peter
    The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Historian database access 15 years 11 months ago #209

• claes
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 502
    Hi,

Yes, you are right about Rdb. It was a database used on OpenVMS and the 'HistServer' was never ported to linux. We have been planning for some time to add an interface to a database server to store this kind of data, but until then we don't have so much to come up with.

Of course you can write a c program and get the values and alarms with the gdh and mh_outunit API (see programmers reference manual) and store in a mysql database, but this is probably not what you call a simple and open interface...

/Claes

Re:Historian database access 15 years 11 months ago #210

• aop
    • Senior Boarder
    Hello Claes

Thank you for your hints - anyway it is at least a solution, even it isn't so simple and open.

Else, Proview is really super. I seeked already since ages for a object orientated automation software like this - Congratulation for your work!

Re:Historian database access 15 years 11 months ago #212

• aop
    • Senior Boarder
    Hi again

After some further considerations, I need to roll up this topic again...

I still found the DsHist and DsHistServer Objects in the Object Reference Guide and I can still attach the DsHistServer to a Node object in V4.5.

But if I understand you right, it does not work anymore under Linux Proview 4.5.0?
    Or does it work, but just with Rdb? I have seen, that there are clients for actual OS's available...

In your applications, do you usually have no need to trend values from the past, or do you solve it in a other way (e.g. c-code as you mentioned)?

I just know from my experience, that it is often interesting to check a happened situation of some values a couple of hours or days ago. like pump speeds, switch positions etc.

Do you intend in near future to reintegrate the historian database in Proview? Or would you support me in integrating a historian database?

Regards
    Peter

Re:Historian database access 15 years 11 months ago #216

• claes
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 502
    Hello Peter,

The DsHist objects havn't been used for ages, and acually, we have never used them. They where made as an option to Proview by Mandator to some customer. I did som major cleening a while ago and I'm a bit surprised that they are still hanging around, but I've obviuosly missed them.

The quality certification, and also the process developers requires lots of data to be stored, and we usually use the c-code alternative. The last year though, we have also used the OPC XML-DA server, which I forgot to tell you about. There is a short description of it in the V4.4 Release Notes and it might be something for you.

The trend database is part of a larger project, and I can't give you any release date, but I belive it will take 6-8 month. If you are not that patient, and you want to write in interface, we will give you the support you need.

/Claes
    • Page:
    Time to create page: 8.817 seconds