Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Start runtime error / boot file missing

Start runtime error / boot file missing 12 years 9 months ago #2435

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
HI,

I had a project working with two nodes perfectly.

I tried to add a sev server in addition to this and now I just can't reload my other stations.

Build seems Ok on the dev station, distribute also but when stopping and starting again my runtime node, it remains stuck with:

F could not open file /pwrp/common/load/ld_boot_nodename_0001.dat
F could not open file /pwrp/common/load/ld_node_nodename_0001.dat
F could not find my own node in pwrp/common/load/ld_node_nodename_0001.dat

Indeed those file are really missing and even when opening the package .tgz on the dev station (which is transfered during the distribute process) I can't find them.

What could cause this file being missing ? Any link with the SevNodeConfig that has been added ??

What can I check to to come back to a stable situation ??

Thanks in advance

Snarf
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Start runtime error / boot file missing 12 years 9 months ago #2437

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Snarf,

Do these files exist on the development station on $pwrp_load ? Do you get any error messages when you create a package ? Check the nodename in the SevNodeConfig and NodeConfig objects. If they are the same the package name would be the same for both nodes.

/Claes

Re:Start runtime error / boot file missing 12 years 9 months ago #2439

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
Those files were existing but old (before the addition of the SevNodeConfig Object).

To recreate them I had to modifiy the sevconfignode object and save it again.
Now I have those files correctly dated and content is in accordance with my project node hierarchy.

I think the error I had when adding the sev object had a little bit jeopardized the project node ???

So now it seems all files are present on the dev stations but distributor is not able to bring them on the runtime station.

Here is the output of the proview development console (on the dev station) when I distribute to this runtime node:

-- Removing package pwrp_pkg_cvt1_0046.tgz
-- Installing package pwrp_pkg_cvt1_0047.tgz
-- Unpack package pwrp_pkg_cvt1_0047.tgz
-- Move files to target directories
sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

I just can't remember if I had the last line before my problem or not (I think I had but am really not sure).

PS: I tried to ssh manually the runtime station and works perfectly.
The only modification I've made is to install a SSH server on the development station (as I thought initially that I have to distribute the node of the SEV station (which is also my dev station)).

I will try to manually copy the files onto the station while any new idea appear....

Snarf

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to answer your questions:
nodename are correct and concerning the package generation I don't see any problem.
I still have some warning during dsitribute process concerning (.jar / .rhost / pwrpalias.dat and two files concerning b55/Rt_xtt and one another). (I know I will have to untick some item in the distribute object) but nothing abnormal compared to when it worked.

Post edited by: Snarf77, at: 2011/07/07 15:32

Re:Start runtime error / boot file missing 12 years 9 months ago #2440

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
I tried to manually scp boot file and node file to the target.

and when starting rt_ini the sequence stops with

I pwr_plc, file: plc_cvt1_0001_0057, prio 5, will not be started.

I'm lost....

EDIT: Another try
I delete the SevNodeConfig from the project and....everything's working like a charm...I don't understand what it changes but that is definetely the root cause of my problem ....
Without it, build and distribute is OK....

Any potential explanation are welcome

Post edited by: Snarf77, at: 2011/07/07 15:54

Re:Start runtime error / boot file missing 12 years 9 months ago #2441

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
I've tried to repeat this behavior, but I'm not able to do that.

The only thing I can think of is that the BootNode or NodeName equals in the NodeConfig and SevNodeConfig, but of course there could be some bug involved as well...

The distribution information is stored in the file $pwrp_db/pwrp_cnf_distribute.dat. It is written when the directory volume is saved. If you want to make a new try, please make a copy fo this file and compare it with the configuration when the sev node is present. The only difference should be 4 new lines for the sev node.

A work around is to create a separate project for the sev node. You then have to configure a pair of FriendNodeConfig objects for all the nodes that you want to fetch data from, one in each project, and set the connection attribute to QComOnly.

/Claes

Re:Start runtime error / boot file missing 12 years 9 months ago #2442

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
Of course I want to make a new try ....

First I can confirm that all NodeName and BootNode were correctly set (I tripple check this point since you last post so there is no doubt on that point).

I copied and checked also the pwrp_cnf_distribute.dat file and before the SevNodeConfig addition it contains only information about my two nodes + the simulation dev station node.

After adding the SevNodeConfig I obtain as you write in your post 4 lines which are:

node SEV 64 1 1 SEV -
boot SEV
appl SEV W $pwrp_src/SEV/pwr_user2.dat:$pwra_db/pwr_user2.dat $pwra_db/pwr_user2.dat
appl SEV W $pwrp_src/SEV/authorized_keys:$pwra_db/authorized_keys /home/pwrp/.ssh/authorized_keys

And ... same behaviour. Impossible to load a new release of software in all of my runtime station.

Tomorrow I will give a try to your workaround as I really need this feature

Thanks for continous support

Snarf
Time to create page: 7.567 seconds