Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WbEnvironment information

Re:WbEnvironment information 12 years 6 months ago #2647

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Last one.... (hope so..)

I can now compile both volume and node normally (thank you for that) but distributing fails because of two version mismatch error.

First one is:
Version mismatch volume pwrs in $pwrp_load/myclassvolume.dbs

Second is:
Version mismatch volume myclassvolume in $pwrp_load/myrootvolume.dbs

I tried to update classes in the root volume without success.

Is there any other update macro to launch or any version to modify by hand so both volume version matched correctly ?

Thank you

Snarf

PS: To avoid any future question, I have added an ApplDistribute object in my node to copy the myclassvolume.dbs file to $pwrp_load in my target. Is that correct and is there any other action to do for distribution process to work ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:WbEnvironment information 12 years 6 months ago #2649

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Normally he project that owns the class volume has to have the same version as the projects that are using it. The version for a volume can be checked with the wb_ldlist program, eg

> wb_ldlist $pwr_load/pwrs.dbs

Often classvolumes are only dependent on the system volume pwrs, and then it is possible to use a special type of class volume, DetachedClassVolume, for which version checks are suppressed.

/Claes

Re:WbEnvironment information 12 years 6 months ago #2652

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry Claes,

This is still not clear for me.

You said that \"the project that owns the volume has to have to same version as the projects that are using it\" but you mean the version of the volume in both these projects has to be identical is it ??

I tried the command you tell (is it a wtt command or just to launch in a terminal ?).
I tried both and got the following:
in wtt command:
undefined command

in a terminal :
pwrp@SEV/lib/-.load> wb_ldlist $pwr_load/pwrs.db
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'co_error'
Aborted

Concerning the DetachedClassVolume could explain me what modification I have do to, to move from my current ClassVOlume to a DetachedClassVOlume.

Thanks

Snarf

Re:WbEnvironment information 12 years 6 months ago #2656

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
wb_ldlist is a shell command, and the argument should be a dbs-file (you seems to have lost an 's').

The Proview version has four numbers, eg 4.8.2-1. When the third number is changed, usually some classes are changed and there will be a new version of the .dbs files. So V4.8.1 is not compatible with V4.8.2 when it comes to exchanging dbs-files for classvolumes.

To change a volume type from ClassVolume to DetachedClassVolume you open the wb_load file, $pwrp_db/'volumename'.wb_load with a text editor and change the type in the first line. Also open the directory volume and replace the ClassVolumeConfig to a DetachedClassVolumeConfig.

/Claes

Re:WbEnvironment information 12 years 6 months ago #2661

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Claes,

I tried what you told me but didn't succeed...

concerning the wb_ldlist command, I made a mistake when writing the post and the \"s\" was part of the command. I will try to understand what was strong as I did it again today and I got the correct feedback.. Will check that.

So I can now have a corrrect feedback for this command (for pwrs.dbs) in the destination
project and in the class config owner project. The result is exactly the same:
Volume pwrs 14-JUN-2011 12:00:00.00 (1308045600,0) 1
VolRef pwrs 14-JUN-2011 12:00:00.00 (1308045600,0) 1

so is there something to modifiy somewhere else ?
(I always used the same proview version between all my station so there should be no modification due to release upgrade)

When trying to use the DetachedClassVolume I replaced:
Volume MyClassVolume pwr_eClass_ClassVolume 0.0.2.1
End Volume

by :
Volume MyClassVolume pwr_eClass_DetachedClassVolume 0.0.2.1
End Volume

And I replace the ClassVolumeConfig by a DetachedClassVolumeConfig below the WbEnvironment object.
I for the moment only set the attribute name to the name of my class (without .dbs) and I don't know what to put in Server, CommonClass and Detached attribute (there is nothing in the help except for Server) so they remain to 0.

When opening my rootvolume, it appears it is still looking for the old configuration as I got the following message:
Local Class Volume \"myclassvolume\" [date hour] (/usr/local/pwrp/myprojectname/src/db/myrootvolume.db/myclasscolume.dbs), in data base \"VolMyNode\", does not exist in global scope.

Once open, I can see in edit mode an object directory with the name of my class but I could'nt access to its content anymore (nothing in there).

I must confess I didn't expect as much difficulties just to migrate a library but that's life !!

thanks in advance for your help

Snarf

Re:WbEnvironment information 12 years 6 months ago #2663

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
You also have to enter the class editor and build the volume, and enter the rootvolume in the client project and update classes.

As you have the same version, you should not need a DetachedClassVolume, so I suspect that there is some old dbs-file laying about somewere. Check that there isn't any old dbs file for the classvolume on $pwrp_load i the client project. You usually copy one there because you need it when you simluate, but you also have to remember to keep it up to date.

You can also run wb_ldlist on the classvolume and rootvolume and compare versions.

/Claes
Time to create page: 7.702 seconds