Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bug report - Typedef attribute in classvolume

Bug report - Typedef attribute in classvolume 12 years 6 months ago #2751

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Claes,

Don't know if this can be considered as a bug or not but I have encoutered a small problem that could cost a lot of time for some users.

Indeed, on a classvolume I wanted to create a new Enum type. I added a new TypeDef object and some Values below.

Indeed I focused on the values and I forgot to declare the TypeAttribute = Enum in the Typedef object.

When I save the classvolume there were no problem and the buildvolume also reported no error.

But I just can't reopen my class volume anymore after that (it automatically closes while opening).

In this case, I knew what my last modification was so I edited the classvolume.wb_load and I checked for something wrong and after finding it, I had to copy paste another Enum type declaration to fill my new one.

Everything's back to normal but I think it is not so easy to troubleshoot especially for fresh new user.

Perhaps it could be feasible to add a kind of check on save command to verify that what is required to open correctly is correctly set ?

What is your opinion on that item ?

Snarf
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Bug report - Typedef attribute in classvolume 12 years 6 months ago #2752

• cag
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Snarf.

Did you have any problems with modbus tcp and arduino uno on the same PLC?

Best Regards Claes \"cag\"

Re:Bug report - Typedef attribute in classvolume 12 years 6 months ago #2754

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi cag,

For the moment, I can access both but have some plc thread freezing problem I'm currently fixing with the help of Claes. I try to separate the management of both object (modbus and arduino) into two threads and playing with thread priority settings so I will tell you if this solves the problem or not.

So I can't tell it's working like a charm but up to now I was able to communicate with both and getting/sending data correctly for a certain time.

PS: I use a arduino Mega2560 not the uno (but the Proview USB object is the same).

Snarf

Re:Bug report - Typedef attribute in classvolume 12 years 6 months ago #2756

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
HI Snarf,

I agree that we should add some syntax control and I'll put it on the TODO list. Thanks for the feedback. Note that you have the old versions of the classvolume stored in $pwrp_db/ 'classvolume'.wb_load.1, .2 etc and you can restore an older version by copying this to 'classvolume'.wb_load.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 9.152 seconds