Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Adaption of I/O system

Adaption of I/O system 12 years 5 months ago #2789

• HTRasmus
  • Gold Boarder
I have been reading the guide to I/O systems a few times now and still i get stuck on the part

ADAPTION OF I/O SYSTEMS

maybe I have not come to an complete understanding of the proview classes yet.

I see the part where everything is written in c code (even Im not well known in c coding)

how to start and how to add a complete new I/O type?

maybe a few tips on how to make a new class with all the attributes needed to acces a controllers datablock or something similar.

Sorry if I am not very good of making myself clear sometimes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Adaption of I/O system 12 years 5 months ago #2790

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Hi Rasmus,

The IO framework is very simple and it will not do much for you. It will find the IO objects, that is, objects with the IO flags set in the ClassDef object, and it will call the IO methods for an object from the specified process and plc thread.

So there are only two attributes that are mandatory, Process and PlcThread. Usually you also add Description and maybe Specification and DataSheet, but all the other attributes are data that you use and handle in the IO methods that you write in c-code. This is configuration data that you need to attach and setup the device and also data you need for troubleshooting, as errorcount, status etc.

You also have to specify the IO methods so the framework can find them, and that you do with $Method objects in the classvolume.

The way to start I think is to create a Rack and Card class and some methods and see that you can link the methods with the plc executable and that they are called when you execute the plc.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.133 seconds