Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: GE display problem

GE display problem 12 years 6 months ago #2795

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi all,

I discovered a display problem in the GE which could perhaps be a bug.

Indeed I have created an aggregate based on a three sub level componenent. To be more clear the structure is the following:
aggregateObject-SubComponentObject-SubSubComponenetObject-SubSubSubComponenetObject.Attributes.

I wanted to display some attribute of the last level componenet in a GE graph but when I switch the GE to the plant view I can browse my plant until the SubSubComponentObject but never farest. Moreover if I try (by pressing right keyboard arrow on this object) the Plant view become empty (whole window is white) and I can't the display the plant back except by Closing the GE and open the .pwg again.

Switching the editor from plant to object is not sufficient to recover.

I don't know if there is a limitation of object insertion in aggegate I could have exceeded or if this is only a display problem of GE so I wanted to let you know.

Regards

Snarf
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:GE display problem 12 years 6 months ago #2796

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Snarf,

There is a limitation in number of attribute levels, but it is 20 so you haven't reached it yet. There is also a limitation in the object name length. The limit for the attribute part of the name should be 200 characters but only 80 seems to work for the moment. This could be the cause of the problem you encounter. We'll try to fix this to the next release.

/Claes

Re:GE display problem 12 years 6 months ago #2798

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Claes,

thanks for information.

Unfortunately, it seems it is not the rootcause as My full object name (at the last level) is less than 30 characters (including the separator). If adding tha max attribute lenght I do not exceed 40 characters total which is far below the 80 you mentionned.

Anyway, there seems to be a real problem (I mean not only in the GE as I thought initally) as yesterday evening I had to look for crossreference of an attribute at the last object level and Proview database explorer hangs up each time (I can see no seg fault but window froze and I can't do anything on the computer). I tried to killl the database explorer from the OS (close not responding window) and all proview processes exited.

I will try to give more details during my today's test and if you need further information do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance

Snarf

Re:GE display problem 12 years 6 months ago #2805

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Snarf,

I need to have a close look at your class to solve this. Can you please send me the source for the classvolume, $pwrp_db/'classvolume'.wb_load and I will try to reproduce the problems here.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.230 seconds