Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Compiling on AMD64

Compiling on AMD64 12 years 6 months ago #2827

• slos
  • Junior Boarder
Hello there,

I am trying to compile Proview on my Debian Sid AMD34 system because the packet won't install without complaining about the wrong architecture.

I know there are ways to install x86 applications but since the source is provided it seemed to me the right way to recompile it.

Following Robert's build instructions the build would fail almost immediately complaining about being unable to find gdk/gdk.h.

After tweaking the prw_x86_64_xxx.cnf file and the variables.mk file adding some includes and libraries paths I was able to compile most of it.

Then I am not sure of what to do : my systeme has libdb5.1-dev and libdb5.1++ and there is a bunch of functions requiring one more parameter.
Reading the notes, it says that data should also be converted.

Could someone help there please ?

Thank you.

BR
Stéphane
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Compiling on AMD64 12 years 6 months ago #2830

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Stéphane,

You have to install libdb4.8. We haven't built with db5 yet so if the argument list in the function calls are changed in db5 it's not possible to build with db5 unless you want to go though the code and fix the function calls. But the easiest way is to install db4.

I don't know what conversion you mean. If you have an existing project you may have to upgrade this, but otherwise there is on conversion that I know of.

/Claes

Re:Compiling on AMD64 12 years 6 months ago #2835

• slos
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Claes,

Thank you for answering even during Sunday !

I know I should use libdb4.8 but as I have to build Proview on my AMD64 system I need the dev stuff and it is available only with libdb5.1.

I'll try to fix it and tell you about.

And what about the wrong stuff in the files I've mentioned ?

BR
Stéphane

Re:Compiling on AMD64 12 years 6 months ago #2836

• slos
  • Junior Boarder
Hello it's me (as would say Lou),

In Proview/x4.8.2-1/wb/lib/wb/src/wb_db.cpp modifying some defines did the trick :
#if (DB_VERSION_MAJOR == 4 && DB_VERSION_MINOR > 0) || (DB_VERSION_MAJOR == 5 && DB_VERSION_MINOR > 0)
as 5.1 should be compatible with 4.8

I am stuck now with antlr, which I have installed) but I don't really know how it is supposed to work and there are plenty of files like wb_vrepwbl.h including some stuff like :
#include \"antlr/AST.hpp\"

Of course \"find\" did find some jar files but what then ?

Thanks for your kind support.

BR
Stéphane

Re:Compiling on AMD64 12 years 6 months ago #2841

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Stéphane,

If you have built antlr from sources you should find the includefiles in /usr/local/include/antlr and the archive libantrl.a in /usr/local/lib. If you execute

> pwre configure

these paths will be added to the build variables in $pwre_broot/pwre_x86_64_linux.cnf. As you have modified this file you may want to save a copy before you execute the command and merge the old and new file.

If you have installed the package libantlr-dev, this is installed under /usr/lib and /usr/include. In this case you have to edit $pwre_bin/pwre_configure.sh and change the search paths for antlr before executing 'pwre configure'.

/Claes

Re:Compiling on AMD64 12 years 6 months ago #2845

• slos
  • Junior Boarder
Hello Claes,

Following your advice, I have been through the configure script and found some problems, mostly with the local vs standard directories (I have installed standard debian sid packages),
and the declaration hwpl=`eval uname -i` replaced by hwpl=`eval uname -m`

I have adapted also Proview/x4.8.2-1/src/exe/rt_elog/src/rt_elog.c with :
#if (DB_VERSION_MAJOR == 4 && DB_VERSION_MINOR > 0) || (DB_VERSION_MAJOR == 5 && DB_VERSION_MINOR > 0)

It's generating the documentation now, so the build seems finished.

That's all for tonight !

Thank you again.

BR
Stéphane
Time to create page: 8.704 seconds