Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Xttgraph inhibition

Re:Xttgraph inhibition 12 years 4 months ago #2954

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Claes,

Techincally I tottallly agree with you and I will re read the Ge Manual, but from a purely visually appealing point of view the window object is not exactly what I 'm looking for. I use transparent gif as background to merge all the visible object in something homogenous so having border visible and \"pc like\" tab is from what I have seen up to now very performant but not very \"nice\" (this is of course a very personal opinion or perhaps there is still some feature I havn't discovered until now)

Nevertheless if I'm stuck one day with the group / invisible option I will use this as backup solution.

Thanks again for supporting me

Snarf
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Xttgraph inhibition 12 years 4 months ago #2955

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
I was thinking of the Window object without tabs, not the TabbedWindow. And if you had a homogenous background color you could hide the border by setting the border color to the background color. But I agree, with gif background, it might not be the ideal choice.

/Claes

Re:Xttgraph inhibition 12 years 4 months ago #2956

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Claes,

I was reviewing the last edition of the GE manual and first congratulation. I think it is more clear and well detailled.
Nevertheless I have found the following:
Groups
A group is a number of objects that appear and behave as a single object when moved, scaled,
rotated etc. A group is created by selecting the object that should belong to the group, and
activating 'Functions/Group' in the menu. If you want to resolve a group, you select the group
and activate 'Functions/Ungroup' in the menu.
There are some limitations in objects that can be a part of a group, connections for example
are not allowed in groups, and pushbuttons and objects that is sensitive for mouse clicks, will
loose their sensitivity.

and
Window
Window displays a separate graph in a specified area in another graph. The graph is displayed
with or without scrollbars.
Limitations
Sliders within the window object are disabled.
You can not state an hierarchy or class object.

But:
It seems that the pushbuttons and other dynamics except slider ARE supported with groups (as I use them currently) and you told me in the last post that slider is now supported in window object whereas it is stated the contrary in the documentation.

I just wanted to be sure if it is only a documentation update problem or if there is some limitations I have not discovered until now.

Regards

Snarf

PS: congratulations again for the job

Re:Xttgraph inhibition 12 years 4 months ago #2961

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
You are right. It's outdated stuff that will be corrected.

Thanks for the feedback.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 7.842 seconds