Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: French community

French community 12 years 4 months ago #2949

• slos
  • Junior Boarder
Hello there,

I would like to help translating software, documentation, localisation... but I don't want to duplicate someone else effort.

Is there a French Proview community ?

If not, are there some french guys willing to help ?

Is there a tutorial somewhere in the documentation explaining how to use Proview in another language than English ?

I have seen how to start the operator node using the -l fr_fr option and some forum info about exporting LC_TIME and about some language files but it would be a nice item in the FAQ.

BR
Stéphane
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:French community 12 years 4 months ago #2950

• slos
  • Junior Boarder
Hi there,

Well, I have found this piece of information :
www.proview.se/index.php?option=com_cont...;id=41&Itemid=75

Anyway, I am interested in knowing if someone else is working on those files.

Best Regards,
Stéphane

Re:French community 12 years 4 months ago #2957

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
+1 french guy here...

Personnaly I use Proview in english as I encoutered some problems with french locale at the beginning but I can contribute a little bit for translation if we can share the job.

Regards

Snarf

Re:French community 12 years 4 months ago #2960

• slos
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Snarf,

I am also using the English locale as I have encountered the problem you have mentioned.
I think the first goal should be to be able to use Proview with the French locale and then start with the menus translation.

I have seen somewhere on the forum that Claes has given a workaround exporting LC_TIME blabla. I should start there.

Then we can share the translation somehow.
I see that there is a way to attach a file to a post. This could be a first solution.

BR
Stéphane

Re:French community 12 years 4 months ago #2964

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 501
Hi Stéphane,

About the French locale, I made an attempt to fix this, and when I tested it, it seemed to worked. But I still get some reports that I interpret as locale problems so I'm not sure about the current state.

Anyway, what I first tried was to set the locale before starting the development environment, so if you look in $pwr_exe/wb_start.sh LC_TIME and LC_NUMERIC is set here. Then I discovered that gtk_init(), the init function of the graphical toolkit, modifies the locale, so if you look in wb/exe/wb/gtk/wb_gtk.cpp it is also set here in the main routine after the gtk_init() call. The same you will find for rt_xtt in xtt/exe/rt_xtt/gtk/rt_xtt_gtk.cpp.

/Claes

Re:French community 12 years 4 months ago #2970

• slos
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Claes,

Thank you for caring.

The first problem as a french user is that launching Proview with the installed Desktop file will lead to the problem of the date format in the project file \"directory.wb_load\".

In this Desktop file wb is launched directly without any call to $pwr_exe/wb_start.sh.

So I have added the exports like below :

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Proview V4.8
Type=Application
Comment=Start Proview
Exec=xterm -title \"Proview Development Console\" -e 'export LC_TIME=\"en_US.UTF-8\";export LC_NUMERIC=\"POSIX\";export pwra_db=/usr/pwrp/adm/db;source $pwra_db/pwra_env.sh set base V4.8;source $pwra_db/pwra_env.sh set bus;wb -p pwrp pwrp'
Icon=/usr/pwrp/adm/db/proview_icon.png
Categories=GNOME;GTK;Application;

Then the first problem seems to be solved.

Now, I can start to use Proview with French language.

Doing so, starting Proview shows the acceptlicense.txt in English, the buttons are too labeled in English.
By the way, using a laptop you cannot see the buttons and sliders would be useful.
Otherwise the default button is Accept and just hitting the enter key is the right solution.
As the acceptlicense.txt exists in French in /usr/pwr48/os_linux/hw_x86_64/exp/exe/fr_fr I am wondering why it is shown in English.

Then, parts of the menus items are in French while other are in English.
My guess is that here starts my job in translating.
Should I just take the xtt_lng.dat file and upgrade / translate from the same file in en_us ?

BR,
Stéphane
Time to create page: 8.272 seconds