Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mysql instead of BerkleyDB

Mysql instead of BerkleyDB 12 years 4 months ago #2983

• shahzad
  • Junior Boarder
HI,

From the documentation (Designer's Guide - 8.2.2) I got the idea that Proview can use mysql.
However, I could not find more information about it except in this forum. Which is related to storing historical data.
So is it possible to use mySql DB as the runtime database instead of BerkleyDB?

Best Regards,
Shahzad
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Mysql instead of BerkleyDB 12 years 4 months ago #2985

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 499
Hi Shahzad,

The designer's guide referes to the development database where you can use BerkeleyDb or mysql. The runtime database is and extremely fast realtime database developed within the Proview project.

/Claes

Re:Mysql instead of BerkleyDB 12 years 4 months ago #2986

• shahzad
  • Junior Boarder
ok, thanks claes, for the quick reply. I am thinking about doing live changes to the runtime process and is important to understand the database structure.

So, to use mySql as the development database, I could not find *.dbms files to specify to use mySql instead of BerkeleyDB. Where to make the change? or if its already mentioned somewhere in the documents which I missed out.

Post edited by: shahzad, at: 2011/11/24 18:56

Re:Mysql instead of BerkleyDB 12 years 4 months ago #2989

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 499
From the development database a dbs file is created on $pwrp_load when the volume is built. The dbs-file contains all the information of the objects and is distributed to the process or operator station. When Proview runtime is started, it reads the dbs-file and creates all the objects in the runtime database. To modify the database you can write a c, c++ or java application and use the gdh API described in Programmer's Reference Manual, or you can do it from the plc program. If you just want to change the init value of some attributes, you can use the pwrp_alias-file (see designer's guide). Note that if you want to create new objects in runtime, this can only be done in Dynamic Volumes.

What kind of live change is it you want to do ?

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 7.695 seconds