Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Opc Client Implementation

Re: Opc Client Implementation 11 years 9 months ago #3978

Heading for work now and will try this straight away!

Will post the results.

Thank you
/Bernt
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Opc Client Implementation 11 years 9 months ago #4001

Hi Claes!

Sorry for not replying to this earlier. We have now gotten the system to compile after updating the gsoap files as you said. And our Proview installation is now able to browse our NI system, through an OPC XML DA gateway.

However, we have a small question regarding the naming of OPC tags. We have run into a problem where OPC tags containing whitespaces results in the following message turning up in our console:
"State: 12, "

Are there any reasons as to why Proview won't accept whitespaces in OPC tags, or is it just some random bug/limitation?

We are working on a complete list of what changes we have made to the OPC module in order to get it working with 3rd party OPC servers.

Regards,

Bernt.

Re: Opc Client Implementation 11 years 8 months ago #4002

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Bernt,

The tag names are converted to Proview object names by the provider, and space is not a valid character in an object name. State 12 means that the parsing of an object name failed. I don't know the reason why space wasn't allowed but I guess it has to do with space being a usual delimiter in for example commands. I can't say what the implications of allowing space will be, but if you want to try it, change the '!' in src/lib/co/src/co_cdh.c, cdh_ParseName(), conversion table 3, position 32 to a space.

/Claes

Re: Opc Client Implementation 11 years 6 months ago #4206

Hello again!

There has been some time since my last follow-up on this topic, but here we go:

We have been able to edit the proview-opc implementation so that it now follows the opc-standards and works with nearly every opc-server that we have tested it against.
White-space in tag names are allowed in the standard, but as this is problematic for Proview, we have decided to change tag-names in the opc-server to make life more easy.

We will now clean up our messy test code (opc_provider.cpp) and post this here so that everyone can use it for connecting Proview with third party opc-servers. :silly: :laugh:

We do have one question for you guys (claes): We are now able to browse all the tags and the values are updated in real-time. We are also able to use the tags in GE with the following format: ( plant-VolOpc-FP-AO3-C0.Value ), but we have not been able to use the tags in the PLC. The value will not update (it shows 0.00000) all the time.
Do you have any tips regarding this? :huh:

Regards
Bernt-Johan

Re: Opc Client Implementation 11 years 6 months ago #4214

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Bernt-Johan,

I'm looking forward to see the code and will add it to some future release. If you made some change to the wsdl-file, maybe you could post this too ?

The mechanism to fetch the value is the same in Ge as in the plc when you use an GetExtFloat32, and the string should be identical, except for the ##Float32. It is sensitive for leading or trailing spaces (and other not visible characters) and of course for the spelling, so please check that. Both gives rise to a subscription that you can see in System/Nethandler/Subscription Client in rt_xtt, where the node should be identified and the counter counting.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 9.080 seconds