Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PowerLink in Proview

PowerLink in Proview 14 years 6 months ago #502

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I guess it is perhpas more a linux topic than a proview one but has anyone ever tested or tried to implement (open)powerlink communication with proview process station.

I would be interested to test this but don't really know where to start from ?

thanks in advance for any ideas

Snarf
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:PowerLink in Proview 14 years 6 months ago #503

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
This sounds interesting. I t should be possible to implement it as an I/O-system in Proview. Have you any idead about the availability on the market for sensors, drives, i/o-systems ?

It's should be fun to try it especially since it is open source. I wonder though how much i/o you can run without som special hardware, or using a co-processor ?

/Robert

Re:PowerLink in Proview 14 years 6 months ago #504

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
as far as I know I/O system become more and more available with powerlink :
for example WAGO 750 series provide all necessary slice I/O module for industry and they now provide a head station based on powerlink. Similar I/O system are available with \"modular system 2003\" from B&R (the company which has pushed the powerlink development).

Nevertheless my first idea was to manage a fast and synchronised communication link (< 4 ms) with a dedicated control DSP. Of course if this could be implemented in proview as an I/O system, I will check ASAP the possibility to move all my existing I/O with new one using this protocol.

I'm not a programmer expert but if this could help I'm ready for beta testing anything your developper team could generate.

Snarf
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.733 seconds