Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Project Forum

Project Forum 14 years 1 month ago #594

• aop
  • Senior Boarder
Hello community

I just had an idea for a new forum title - \"Project forum\" may be a topic where users can introduce their proview projects to the community. What are you thinking about that?

Actually for me it is still hard to estimate the common know how from the users, which are not involved on the developing process of proview. It may be interessting to see what the community is doing with this great automation framework.

Me for example I actually work at a supervising system for my thermal solarplant.
The target is to run proview on a small miniITX - board with a Geode LX800 CPU 256Mb (see pcengines.ch) and use a common server for historian data storage. So I have a nice platform to get my first experience with a real proview-project.

Following major tasks I focus:
- Integrate the VBus interface (a RS485 based protocol from Resol solar controller)
- Strip down a linux system (Xubuntu) for the miniITX and run proview rt on it
- User interface with web access

Any feedback and contacts are welcome!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Project Forum 14 years 1 month ago #603

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Aop,

I think this is a great idea. Expect such a forum within days. There is actually also an embryo to something like this. On the start-page of proview.se to the left there is a link 'Applications' where people are welcomed to submit stories about there projects. Of course a forum for this is needed otherwise it might be difficult to exchange solutions / experiences.

/robert

Re:Project Forum 14 years 1 month ago #610

• aop
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Robert

I thought I know the proview page as my pocket, but I never have seen the \"application\" menu before - thanks for the tip.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to place my project in the brand new forum within the next days In hope others're doing the same ;) .

Regards Peter

Re:Project Forum 13 years 10 months ago #747

• Maden
  • Expert Boarder
aop wrote:
The target is to run proview on a small miniITX - board with a Geode LX800 CPU 256Mb (see pcengines.ch)
<snip>
- Strip down a linux system (Xubuntu) for the miniITX and run proview rt on it

Hello aop,

I am looking at the same hardware platform (ALIX.6E2 board) to run the ProView runtime on. There is also a great community support. Here are some instructions how to install a minimal Ubuntu on these boards wiki.tuxisalive.com/index.php/Alix . Might be helpful.

Haven't tried this board yet but I was able to run the ProView runtime on a small industrial x86 mainboard with 128MB RAM, including ProView Web interface. I used Ubuntu Sever as OS.

Ondrej

Post edited by: Maden, at: 2010/05/19 14:04

Re:Project Forum 13 years 10 months ago #753

• aop
  • Senior Boarder
Hello Ondrej

Thank you for your tip (but the link seems to be empty?) - I recently installed debian lenny and the XFCE desktop environement on the Alix board.

The consideration to use debian, instead of ubuntu was the more restrictive way of development. But now with the new LTS version of ubuntu 10.4 maybe it might be the better choice to use ubuntu in automation for future.

Anyway, Proview RT (deb package) is working fine on the ALIX board (XFCE and Debian Lenny).

I want to do some performance checks in near future, but the pwrdemo application is running most of time (>99.9%) within the 1/8 time of the default 100ms task.

If you need any detailed information about my installation feel free to ask.

Regards Peter

PS: Could you please post the link again - thanks.

Re:Project Forum 13 years 10 months ago #758

• Maden
  • Expert Boarder
Hello Peter,

I modified the link in my previous post (the trailing dot was attached to the link).

This Website explains how to install a minimum Ubuntu system without GUI on a CompactFlash card. In addition to that the following packages need to be installed:

- openssh-server
- default-jre
- libdb4.7
- libdb4.7++

The ProView runtime deb package also has a dependency on libgtk2.0 but the installation can be forced with the following comand:
dpkg --force-depends -i pwrrt_4.7.0-1ubuntu_i386.deb

I don't really need the GUI on the process station. I plan to use the Web interface to provide some simple plant graphic.

Ondrej
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.136 seconds