Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Issue with build for ARM

Issue with build for ARM 6 years 10 months ago #9001

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Claes,

Hope you're doing well. It's long time since I wrote on the forum, but I do need the help of the community or specifically you

I did require to upgrade my development station I used for our electronic controller from ubuntu 12.04 to ubuntu 14.04 for internal reason.

This controller is still using Proview v4.8.6.
So a colleague of mine restarted the process to build proview (v4.8.6) for arm on ubuntu 14.04.

We follow the same procedure as I used before for ubuntu 12.04 which mainly consists in :
- compiling a new cross tool chain using buildroot
- downloading the proview source

Modify /home/pwrp/.bashrc and add the following
export jdk=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle
export PATH=$PATH:$jdk/bin
export pwre_cc=~/buildroot-2017.02.2/output/host/usr/bin/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi-gcc
export pwre_cxx=~/buildroot-2017.02.2/output/host/usr/bin/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi-g++
export pwre_ar=~/buildroot-2017.02.2/output/host/usr/bin/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi-ar
export pwre_host_exe=/usr/pwr48/os_linux/hw_x86/exp/exe
export pwre_env_db=/home/pwrp/pwre_env_db
export pwre_bin=/home/pwrp/pwrsrc_4.8.6-3/src/tools/pwre/src/os_linux
export pwre_dir_symbols=$pwre_bin/dir_symbols.mk

Save and exit .bashrc
source /home/pwrp/.bashrc

PWRE
source $pwre_bin/pwre_function
pwre add v486_arm
Arg:
Source root [/home/pwrp/pwrsrc_4.8.6-3/src]?
Import root [/usr/pwr48/os_linux/hw_x86]?
Build root [/home/pwrp/pwrrls_4.8.6-3]?
Build type [dbg]?
OS [linux]?
Hardware [arm]?
Description [version v4.8.6. for arm]?

pwre init v486_arm
pwre configure
pwre create_all_modules
pwre import rt
pwre import java
pwre ebuild rt

Build went smooth except on some module like _sim or _elog that I removed from the makefile to prevent further error as I did not require them

Finally, we recreate a new project (ProjectReg) in the new machine, defined as v4.8 (BaseReg)
and in the directory volume we configured under the corresponding node a CustomBuild object targetting the new toolchain and a arm_linux platform

see image

We then transfered our class volume from older machine to the new one and we exported the program using reload.sh (dumpdb -- > loaddb).

Everything went quite smooth except the following that we did not know how to overcome:

1. Building (with Force option) the Node the first time generates many lines in the proview xterm console :
Create $pwrp_exe/custom_build.sh to build this volume
But the custom_build.sh file was not created indeed (note the $pwrp_exe variable is correct)
There should be a permission issue somewhere but I don't know which proview process or script generates those lines so I can't see which environment variable is required which could failed ??

2. We finally copy / paste our previous Custom_Build.sh file from older machine to the new one and the built went smooth
But When I wanted to generate the package the Distribute list was empty so I'm unable to finalize my package.
Which attribute of which object is used to fill the Distribute list ?

3. We also noted, that when opening the project, the directory volume opened. Editing and Saving it generates an error in the message window:
error, unable to open file /usr/local/pwrp/myproject/bld//exe/plc_myproject_0001_plc.opt

There seems to be missing the architecture "arm_linux" or something between the two consecutive slash. But I can't see which environment vairable could be missing ?? Would you have any idea ?
I think this is our main root cause of our problem but this is only a feeling.

Thanks in advance for your help

Snarf
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Issue with build for ARM 6 years 10 months ago #9002

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Snarf,

The OperatingSystem in the NodeConfig object and in the Volume attributes should be CustomBuild, but in the CustomBuild object you have to specify the real os, Linux on ARM.

/Claes

Issue with build for ARM 6 years 10 months ago #9003

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Claes,

thanks for answer.

It's much better now, we don't get the error on root volume "Save" and the volume has re appeared in the distribute list... (2/3 of errors disappeared)

but the custom_build.sh file is still not created.

Did this file need to be created by hand or already existing (touch file) ? What could prevent it to be created in your opinion ?

Thank you
Snarf

Issue with build for ARM 6 years 10 months ago #9004

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Snarf,

The $pwrp_exe/custum_build.sh is written when the directory volume is saved.

The requirements are that the CustomBuild object is a child to a NodeConfig object, and the NodeConfig object is a child to a BusConfig object. There shouldn't be any hierarchy objects in between somewhere.

You also need write privileges to $pwrp_exe or to any previous custom_build.sh that is copied by hand, or the write procedure will abort with an error message. It will also abort with error messages if cc, cxx or ar isn't filled in.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 7.761 seconds