Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Raspbery PI3 Process Station Trouble

Raspbery PI3 Process Station Trouble 6 years 10 months ago #9029

• ivanceccon
  • Senior Boarder
Hellow everybody!

Thanks to all the help i've been getting from the forum members i was able to get my brewery finally working! I appreciate that a lot!

I was using the current setup:

DEVELOPMENT STATION: DESKTOP - UBUNTU 14.04 LTS 32 bits with Proview Development Environment 5.4
PROCESS/OPERATION STATION: NOTEBOOK - UBUNTU 14.04 LTS 32 bits with Proview Runtime Environment 5.4

I was able to get it working, distributing the program via wifi!

But this notebook was taking so much space in the brewery plant, and my plans for the future is to have a tablet with android OS for the operation, so i decided to buy a raspbery pi3 for the process. So my setup now is:

DEVELOPMENT STATION: DESKTOP - UBUNTU 14.04 LTS 32 bits with Proview Development Environment 5.4
PROCESS/OPERATION STATION: RASPBERY PI3 - Raspbian Jessie (Kernel 4.4) and Proview Runtime Environment 5.4

But im having trouble to make the program work in the raspbery, i've tried to change my Process Node config to LINUX on ARM OperatingSystem, but no lucky. Also tried to create a custom build but no lucky either.

Anyone knows how to make this work? I know that maybe it's simple, but i cant find the solution

Thanks,

Ivan Ceccon
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Raspbery PI3 Process Station Trouble 6 years 10 months ago #9030

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Ivan,

You have to use custom build and

- change OperatingSystem in 'File/Volume attributes' in the root volume configurator to CustomBuild.
- change OperatingSystem in the NodeConfig object to CustomBuild.
- create a CustomBuild object under the NodeConfig and set OperatingSystem to Linux on ARM, Platform to arm_linux, and Release to the current release (V5.5). cc, cxx and ar should Point to the installed crosscompiler.

There is a more thorough description in Proview on Raspberry Pi on the doc page.

/Claes

Raspbery PI3 Process Station Trouble 6 years 10 months ago #9031

• ivanceccon
  • Senior Boarder
Claes, thank you for your feedback!

It happens that yesterday i was a little bit tired, so when i went to the documentation page i missed the Proview in Raspberry link, im sorry about that. I will take a look into the documentation, do some tests and later i will post the results here!

Thanks a lot!

Ivan

Raspbery PI3 Process Station Trouble 6 years 10 months ago #9032

• ivanceccon
  • Senior Boarder
Claes,

With your help and the documentation i was able to get it working! Thanks a lot.

Just a detail i'd like to mention:

I did as the documentation said, but in my first attempt to compile i had a issue with missing "hw_arm" files in the /usr/pwr54/os_linux. So I’ve downloaded the pwr54 package for the raspian, extracted the package in my development computer and copied the files to the location, after that it worked like a charm!! :) :)

Now my Arduinos are communicating well with the Raspberry, but i'm not able to start operator environment yet. I'm getting a shared library missing error, I think it's libpiface-1.0 or something. Going to investigate that, maybe I just haven't download that library yet.

Thanks a lot! Sorry for my poor english, i'm Brazilian!

Ivan Ceccon
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.945 seconds