Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Modbus TCP - random working

Modbus TCP - random working 6 years 4 months ago #9310

• raph2525fr
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello everybody !

I'm a new Proview user, and first of all, I want to thank all of the contributors of this wonderful application :)

Nevertheless, I can't fix a random modbus communication problem: I have configured a modbus TCP link to communicate with a Siemens Logo! module.

In Proview, after having set-up input and output in nodes and plant places and created a dedicated synoptic, I can start the runtime and open the synoptic. But I'm a little bit disappointed about the response time of the connection: sometimes everything go right, sometimes no. I may have missed something important, but I can't figure what :ohmy:

For information:
  • the connection between the computer and the siemens module is direct (no switch, router, etc).
  • If I use a modbus tool like qModbusMaster, no problem to write nor to read inputs / outputs.
  • The Proview application runs onto a Debian v8.1.
  • I have connected the digital inputs #5 and #8 to the output relay #1 (thanks to a wire => I expect a status change of these two inputs when the relay is ignited

)
  • The problem occurs randomly: for example, I had no problem during the whole afternoon. I tried to shut the computer and start it again without changing anything, and the problem occurs again...

Do you have any idea ? In order to illustrate the issue, I attach a screen record of the behaviour... hope it will help.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards,
Raphael
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Modbus TCP - random working 6 years 4 months ago #9312

• raph2525fr
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Everybody,

I have probably identified the root cause of the problem: I suspect a conflict with cairo-dock and / or KDE theme.Or more probably, a problem with my video card driver.

I have a strange behaviour of the kde windows manager (not possible to launch appname message window).

In order to be sure, is there a mean to monitor all the modbus TX / RX exchanges ? it will convenient to determine whether it's a related display tunnel problem.

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards,
Raphael

Modbus TCP - random working 6 years 4 months ago #9314

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Hi Raphael,

There is a Modbus TCP filter in Wireshark named 'mbtcp'.

/Claes

Modbus TCP - random working 6 years 4 months ago #9320

• raph2525fr
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Claes,

Thank you very much.

Raphael
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.372 seconds