Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Grafcet won't run

Grafcet won't run 6 years 1 month ago #9600

• TrygveHe
  • Senior Boarder
Hi.

I have made a simple grafcet that should change a few DO that I have connected up through a Arduino (LED lights). The grafcet has 3 steps in addition to the initial step. Each step is initiated by an order with delay function.
The PLC compiles fine but when I run it and put it in trace mode the grafcet is stuck in the initial step (the IS block is red). The transition after the initial step has a variable connected to it which is changed by a button is the HMI. This variable changes to red when activated but the grafcet is not started. I also notice the all the transitions in the loop are red. I looked at Ben's video about grafcet and his transitions are only red when activated. I don't understand french, but according to what i see the grafcet loops are similar apart from what is completed at each step.

It took a while to find out that i had to include the reset variable and also to connect to the transitions from the correct side. When i put the plc in simulation mode and change the DO the led connected to the Arduino switch on and off.

I will try to make another PLC with a new gracfet loop to see if that same happens, but I haven't had time yet. But if someone cat spot if I have missed something I will appreciate it.

Regards,
Trygve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Grafcet won't run 6 years 1 month ago #9602

• benoit
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Trygve,
Can you send us more informations about your project like copy screens (grafcet, plc object attributes,...)?
/Ben

Grafcet won't run 6 years 1 month ago #9603

• TrygveHe
  • Senior Boarder
Hi.

I tried another grafcet but the result was the same. The attached pdf file shows the status. Nothing happens when the Dv into T0 gets true, apart from getting red.

regards
Trygve

File Attachment:

File Name: output.pdf
File Size: 12 KB

Grafcet won't run 6 years 1 month ago #9604

• benoit
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi TrygveHe,
I think the IS0 is always on active state (?)
Maybe you have a problem with the PLC reset variable ?
Can you send me a copy screen of the plc attributes?
/Ben
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by benoit.

Grafcet won't run 6 years 1 month ago #9609

• TrygveHe
  • Senior Boarder
Hi.

I will compare your attributes with mine when I get the time.

Btw, are there any way to print out the attributes and configurations of your project to a PDF file? The way to document the PLC code is admirably implemented, but haven't found a way to document the configuration appart from taking screen shots.

Regards
Trygve

Grafcet won't run 6 years 1 month ago #9610

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Trygve,

It's also possible that something went wrong in the build process. Did you check the terminal window for errors when you compiled and built the node? Did you build the correct node (the simulation node and not the production node or vv). Is the plc program running at all? Check the loop counter in the PlcThread object.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.123 seconds