Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Build error

Build error 6 years 1 month ago #9626

• TrygveHe
  • Senior Boarder
Hi.

I had a PLC program that built ok, but when i tried to build the node an error occurred.
I found someone with a similar error by searching the forum, but I didn't get any clues to what causes this.

A printout of the Workbench screen is attached.
Does anyone have a solution to this error?

Regards,
Trygve

File Attachment:

File Name: Workbencherror.pdf
File Size: 93 KB
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Build error 6 years 1 month ago #9629

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Trygve,

If you create a PlcPgm you should at least open and save it. Otherwise it will not be compiled and you will get these undefined messages.

/Claes
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by claes.

Build error 6 years 1 month ago #9631

• TrygveHe
  • Senior Boarder
Hi

Yesterday I started up Proview, loaded the PLCPgm, compiled the program in the PLC editor without any errors. I also have another PLCPGM in my setup. This was empty when I built the node the first time, so i put a small code into that also. Saved it and closed the PLC program editor. Built the node and the same error appears.

I have also made a couple of HMI graphs. Are these also part of the build process so that errors in these could result in the errors I get? Or could there be something wrong in the setup of the project?

I haven't tried to open the Proview demo or another test project I have to see if the same happens. I will try this, but will also appreciate other ideas of what I could try to solve this.

Regards,
Trygve

Build error 6 years 1 month ago #9632

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Trygve,

You should build the node from the rootvolume configurator, not from the directory volume.

In Options/Setting you can set Build/Force to force rebuild of everything when you build.

The graphs are not involved in the compilation and linking of the plc executable that seems to be your problem.

/Claes

Build error 6 years 1 month ago #9638

• TrygveHe
  • Senior Boarder
Hi.

I'm getting quite confused when I'm going to build the node. The Function/Build is available from several different windows, and in addition I get different errors when building, even if I build the node the same way two times in a row. I should probably read all the guides before attempting to learn ProView, but that would take quite some time. I was hoping to learn this by rial and error and using the guides as a reference. I have gone through the Getting started guide, though.

Anyway. I did get some errors when building the node that referred to the PLC code, So I deleted part of it to simplify it and after a few tries I apparently managed to build the node. But then when I start the runtime the console come up with a new error: %GDH_F_WEIRD, something is very weird in the database.

I understand that this is a complex program, but is it so vulnerable? Earlier I did manage to build and run the node with a simple grafcet code and a few simple HMI graphs. When i then build some more PLC code and add more on the HMI graphs everything seems to fall apart.

Are there some newbie errors I am doing?

Regards,
A frustrated Trygve

Build error 6 years 1 month ago #9639

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Trygve,

You have to reset runtime before you can start again.

And yes, it's newbie errors. Most of our automation engineers have been working with Proview in 10 or 20 years, so it's hard for us to see all the errors a newbie is making. But if someone has any ideas on how to make Proview more user friendly for newbies we're all ears.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.163 seconds