Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Ge demo

New Ge demo 5 years 4 months ago #9954

• mhe
  • Fresh Boarder
@marc well done :)

Is the configuration procedure from documentation man_dg.pdf "17 Java operator environment" + upgrade56.pdf "Web interface in HTML5 and javascript"?
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by mhe.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Ge demo 5 years 4 months ago #9955

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Hi mhe,

Yep, I just followed upgrade56.pdf.
Standard openjdk-8 on a Debian 9 x86_64 and Apache2.

I changed in the node the WebServerGroup, to a new created one, name "security" and the user.

The pwr56_demo has the new interface build-in. It's almost ready to go...

As far as I understand, the WebGraph needs to be a Java applet, so be sure set the Graph Attributes in GE to applet and export it. If you use your own new Graph.

In OpPlaceWeb i enabled login and the navigator.

/Marc
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by marc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhe

New Ge demo 5 years 4 months ago #9961

• mhe
  • Fresh Boarder
About Java applet ...

I think it is a websocket-Javaserver with Javascript-canvas websocket-clients.
Is it possible that the WebGraph applet attributes are required for build/config processes?

New Ge demo 5 years 4 months ago #9962

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Hi mhe,

Just gave it a try without applet.
It looks like you're right.
To be honest. I am not familiar with javascripts-canvas websocket-clients connected
to a websocket-javaserver :blink:

Thanks for the feedback.

/Marc
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.

New Ge demo 5 years 4 months ago #9963

• mhe
  • Fresh Boarder
me too ... far from a insider about websockets and canvas.

I just try to understand the design of solutions. The dive around in claes github repository is not a 10 minute only job :o)

Do you know about architecture and design discussions and/or documents?

New Ge demo 5 years 4 months ago #9966

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Hi Marc and mhe,

I'm afraid there are no design documents available, but here's a short description of how it works. A Ge graph is stored in a pwg-file that contains all the graphical objects and objects for dynamics and actions. This file that is read by the java script, so there is no java applet involved, all you have to do is to copy the pwg-file to the web directory. A graph is opened in a web browser by ge.html that takes the name of the pwg-file as an argument, eg 'ge.html?graph=pwrdemo', and if it's an object graph, also the instance object can be stated 'ge.html?graph=pwr_c_av&instance=H1-Av1'. ge.html creates a canvas and starts the script ge.js. ge.js reads the pwg-file and opens a web socket to the host node to get login information, information about attributes and objects, setup subscriptions and receive subscripton data etc. The web socket connection is made to the WebSocketServer process in the host node. This is still written in java but hopefully will be rewritten in c++ some day to get rid of all java depencencies. The demo on proview.se actually doesn't open a web socket, it uses a local database in the java script. This is why some demos that requires a real database and a plc program doesn't work.

/Claes
The following user(s) said Thank You: marc, mhe
Time to create page: 7.890 seconds