Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dev to dev & dev to runtime

Dev to dev & dev to runtime 5 years 3 months ago #10079

• Maverick
  • Senior Boarder
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie into Proview. I'm using Proview 5.5 and I'm currently working on an Ubuntu MATE 16.04 amd64 host machine with another Ubuntu MATE 16.04 amd64 as a VirtualBox guest. I plan to use the guest as the dev station and the host as process station. What I would like to know step by step are:

1 - How to copy a Proview project from a development station to another development station. (It seems that there's no "open project" function in Proview, and I'm still confused about how to proceed about that). It would save me a lot of time. (instead of creating it from scratch again)
2 - How to distribute the project from development to process station. (First, if the guest is the development and the host is the runtime station. And second, if the development and runtime stations are both PCs)

Thanks
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Maverick.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dev to dev & dev to runtime 5 years 3 months ago #10080

• benoit
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Maverick,
About project copy from dev1 station to dev2 station, you can try to use my guide "How create a debian package for a project" (see 'documentation' section in this site).
In this guide you find a 'step by step' procedure to create a debian package that you can 're-install' your project in an other dev station.

For project distribute you can use Marc's videos (in english) : maba.dk/index.php/demo/videos/
or my tutorial video n°12 (in french) :

/Ben

Dev to dev & dev to runtime 5 years 3 months ago #10084

• Maverick
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Ben,
Thanks for your reply. I'll take a look at these... Whether French or English, I'm comfortable in both of these languages so please don't worry.
In the meantime, please let me ask more questions...

1 - You said that a Proview project could be used to create Debian packages (like the "pwrdemo"... on sourceforge)... So, once in a Debian package format, could the project be modified again? I once tried to modify the contents (PLC, graph... etc) of the "pwrdemo" project in Proview, I even tried to modify a copy project of it, but it's no good, I just can't touch anything... Anyway, if there's a way to modify the contents of the "pwrdemo" project on Proview, it would help me a lot to learn, especially about the use of complex features (like "MotorAggregate" for example) or more customizable features...

2 - I'm currently fairly good at the development station and I'm doing my first steps into the process station (where the "pwrrt" package is installed)... There, I got confused about the many users it created, besides the usual "pwrp", there are users "b55", "b66" and "skiftel"... could you tell me what are all of these users for?

Looking forward to see you again...

Maverick/

Proview V5.5 - Ubuntu MATE 16.04 64bit

Dev to dev & dev to runtime 5 years 3 months ago #10085

• benoit
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Maverick,
1 - to create a debian package you have to use a specific files structure. This structure contain particular script files as control, postinst, prerm,... used during install process.
I am not comfortable with script files, that's why I used the ProjectDemo structure and I replaced DemoProject name by MyProject name. I also replaced the 'bld' and 'src' folders by my project folders.
After you have create your project package, if you modify a plc or a graph files, you have to build again your project and update the 'bld' ans 'src' folders contents in the project package structure and re-make the debian package. Before install this new package, you have to uninstall the previous package.
But, note that my "debian package" guide is usefull only to install a project from dev1 station to dev2 station, but not to transfert a project from dev station to process station. To do that, use the distribute process.
Aftre install the Demo project, you can modify it in the dev environment. If you have a problem post here a xterm screencopy (with error messages,...).

2 - the b55, b66 and skiftel users are use only by SSAB. So you can delete this users, keep only pwrp user.

/Ben

Dev to dev & dev to runtime 5 years 3 months ago #10086

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Hi Maveric,

You can give this a try.....

To copy a dev project from A to B

I consider there is only one project to copy from A to B and A & B has the same OS and pwr versions (in your case: Proview 5.5/ 16.04_64).
I consider B has a clean pwr55 installation and A and B has the same hostname.

1) copy from A the directory /usr/local/pwrp/<project-name> to the same directory in B (keep the pwrp file permissions!)
2) copy/overwrite from A the files pwr_projectlist.dat and pwr_volumelist.dat (/usr/pwrp/adm/db/) to B

Start pwr55 on B and open the project .........

/Marc
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.

Dev to dev & dev to runtime 5 years 3 months ago #10087

• Maverick
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Marc,
Thanks for the idea, I'll give it a try

/Maverick

Proview v5.5 - Ubuntu MATE 16.04 64bit
Time to create page: 8.489 seconds