Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some questions

Some questions 5 years 1 month ago #10194

• Avispao
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

This last weeks I've been fighting my unknowledge in Proview and I haven't discovered some things, neither in the manuals nor in the forum or internet.

1.- I've been having the same problem (I think) as Denis here. I tested some things and I discovered something.
The problem is that the plc process doesn't work. I think it needs some libraries to run so you can't test it out of the proview runtime, but when you try to run it outside the runtime, it produces a segmentation fault,... soooo it could be a crosscompiling error. I tried to compile a "helloworld" program in the dev station and run it on the runtime station, and... voila! It doesn't work. I compiled it with settings to make a static executable with the crosscompiler ( gcc­6­arm­linux­gnueabihf ), for armv6z (raspi zero w) with vfd as hardfloat... etc. It compiles, but it doesn't work at the raspi. Then I tried to use the old toolchain to crosscompile for raspberry (github.com/raspberrypi/tools) and I was able to compile in the dev station and run in the raspi,.... buuut after changing the parameters to use this toolchain (custom build executables), I can't (force) make the volume to distribute to the raspberry, there are errors.

Setting base /usr/pwr56
Warning! CoLog::log could not open log file $pwrp_db/wb_history.log
Open horno
args: horno pwrp pwrp  
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Welcome to
horno           V5.6    

Revision history
2019-01-30      pwrp    Project created
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
-- Processing line: 82
-- Building volume directory
-- Opening volume 'VolHorno'
-- Build node horno
-- Plc window generated            Planta-PrgPlc-W
-- Plc window compiled for arm_linux optimized -O3 Planta-PrgPlc-W
%GSX-I-CCSUCC, Window compiled           Planta-PrgPlc-W
-- Plc plcpgm compiled for arm_linux optimized -O3 Planta-PrgPlc
-- Building archive for volume: 000_001_001_001
-- Archive built for volume: 000_001_001_001
-- Working with load file volume 'VolHorno'...
-- Open file...
-- Successfully created load file for volume 'VolHorno'
-- 92 objects with a total body size of 74744 bytes were written to new file.
-- Creating bootfile for node mephisto
-- Plc thread generated priority 22, scantime   0.10000 s, 1 plcpgm's 
-- Plc process compiled for arm_linux optimized -O3 -
** Plc program link errors for arm_linux node plc_mephisto_0001_plc
/usr/pwr56/os_linux/hw_arm/exp/lib/libpwr_rt.a(rt_pn_gsdml_data.o): In function `GsdmlDeviceData::read(char const*, int)':
/data0/x5-6-1/pwr/profibus/lib/rt/src/os_linux/.hw_arm/../../rt_pn_gsdml_data.cpp:200: undefined reference to `operator delete(void*, unsigned int)'
/data0/x5-6-1/pwr/profibus/lib/rt/src/os_linux/.hw_arm/../../rt_pn_gsdml_data.cpp:195: undefined reference to `operator delete(void*, unsigned int)'
/data0/x5-6-1/pwr/profibus/lib/rt/src/os_linux/.hw_arm/../../rt_pn_gsdml_data.cpp:196: undefined reference to `operator delete(void*, unsigned int)'
/usr/pwr56/os_linux/hw_arm/exp/lib/libpwr_rt.a(rt_pn_gsdml_data.o): In function `GsdmlDeviceData::copy_slot(unsigned int)':
/data0/x5-6-1/pwr/profibus/lib/rt/src/os_linux/.hw_arm/../../rt_pn_gsdml_data.cpp:212: undefined reference to `operator delete(void*, unsigned int)'
/data0/x5-6-1/pwr/profibus/lib/rt/src/os_linux/.hw_arm/../../rt_pn_gsdml_data.cpp:214: undefined reference to `operator delete(void*, unsigned int)'
/usr/pwr56/os_linux/hw_arm/exp/lib/libpwr_rt.a(rt_pn_gsdml_data.o):/data0/x5-6-1/pwr/profibus/lib/rt/src/os_linux/.hw_arm/../../rt_pn_gsdml_data.cpp:228: more undefined references to `operator delete(void*, unsigned int)' follow
/usr/pwr56/os_linux/hw_arm/exp/lib/libpwr_co.a(co_xml_parser.o): In function `co_xml_parser::next_token()':
/data0/x5-6-1/pwr/src/lib/co/src/os_linux/.hw_arm/../../co_xml_parser.cpp:121: undefined reference to `std::basic_ios<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator bool() const'
/data0/x5-6-1/pwr/src/lib/co/src/os_linux/.hw_arm/../../co_xml_parser.cpp:125: undefined reference to `std::basic_ios<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator bool() const'
/data0/x5-6-1/pwr/src/lib/co/src/os_linux/.hw_arm/../../co_xml_parser.cpp:127: undefined reference to `std::basic_ios<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator bool() const'
/data0/x5-6-1/pwr/src/lib/co/src/os_linux/.hw_arm/../../co_xml_parser.cpp:130: undefined reference to `std::basic_ios<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator bool() const'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
%GSX-F-CCERROR, Error from c compiler or linker

This first question is: how can I reliably compile for my raspi zero w? Do I have to change any compiler/linker settings? Where do I have to introduce the changes?

2.- Where does the "pwr_prio" has gone in v5.6? The errors I have at pwr_start's log in the runtime station are produced by the substitute or the lack of this program? Which are the file's owner for this "nice"-like process in order to setuid work?

Thank you very much for your help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Some questions 5 years 1 month ago #10195

• Avispao
  • Fresh Boarder
Please, ignore part of first question, as I have just re-tried to to compile a hello world, and now I'm able to run it on destination...

I'm starting to get mad!!

Some questions 5 years 1 month ago #10196

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Hi Avispao,

It looks like you are fighting against a bug in pwrrpi56.
The path settings /data0/... is wrong.

By the way I think Denis compiled his project on the Raspberry it self.

I am not sure if the Pi Zero is compatible with the standard build (Raspberry 3 (?)).
A couple of months ago I compiled Proview (5.6.1-1) from source for Ubuntu 14.04/32bit.
What I can remember I created a build for pwrrpi56 as well.

/Marc
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avispao

Some questions 5 years 1 month ago #10203

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Hi Avispao,

To enable the priority setting add this to /etc/security/limits.conf and restart the system
@pwrp hard rtprio 99
@pwrp soft rtprio 99

/Claes

Some questions 5 years 1 month ago #10205

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Hi Avispao,

I cross compiled a project on pwr56 and distributed it to pwrrt_5.6.1-1 (running strech) on a RPI3.
This works fine. I switched the micro sd to a RPI2 and runs as well.
But on a Pi Zero and an old RPI_B there is a problem with rt_io.
The plcthread is not running. When I start (in a terminal) "rt_plc_core" it seems to work.
No idea why....

/Marc
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.
Last Edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by marc.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.423 seconds