Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: history sample time

history sample time 4 years 7 months ago #10385

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Claes,
I took the opportunity with the thread "sev_server on its own node" to look back again at the sev server behavior which I probably misused as I can't achieve what I expect from it.

My first question is related to sample time. I remember (but can't find) an old thread where you explain me that the sample (I mean display sample not storage sample) time is dependent on the the time range you choose in order not the overwhelm the graphic process (ie less time accuracy when large time scale is selected). Is that correct ?

If yes my issue is that I was expected that zooming in the curve would fill the detailed missing point as you reduce the visible time range but it doesn't look to be the case (see both snapshots where you can find the same variable evolving every 10 to 15 sec in a "one hour" view and "one week" view. In the one week view it look like the variable is changing state every hour or more whereas its real frequency is around 15 sec.

Even if I zoom in, the accuracy is not improved.

I checked in mysql database and all points look correct so it s definitely a question of time sampling that I don't know how to adjust ?

Can you explain the right way to use it ?

It works if I chose the "hour" display but I need to go back in time for days in order to look at the interesting time range which represents hundreds of click on the "previous" time range to go back 5 days so this is defintely not the right way.

Thanks
Snarf
The administrator has disabled public write access.

history sample time 4 years 7 months ago #10386

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
Attachments forgotten...
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Snarf77.

history sample time 4 years 7 months ago #10387

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry, unable to attached "1 hour" curve snapshot.
Selecting file OK but when click "submit" nothing appears...
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Snarf77.

history sample time 4 years 7 months ago #10388

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Snarf,

You have to insert the correct time range and press the 'Update curve' button to get higher resolution. Use the up and down arrows to move the timerange in larger or smaller steps.

You can also use the two markers to insert a time range by selecting 'Markers' in the time range selector. The markers are set by selecting a marker with one of the two marker buttons and click in the curve window.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 9.502 seconds